Salty Shrimp GH+ for Neos?

Dosed my 12g with the acid and alkaline buffer per seachems instructions and the results are interesting. I figured the alk/acid buffers wouldn't mess with GH so I could try to get a precise PH without compromising GH. I decided on using both alkaline and acid this time to try and get a target KH and PH, since they are supposed to work well together in getting a more precise solution. I might try experimenting with only alkaline buffer (or even baking soda as I've been suggested) in a bucket of RO and see if I can pinpoint what I need without adding acid.

Testing before:

PH: 6 or below

KH:0

GH:9

TDS: 204

The app told me to dose 1tsp alkaline and .5tsp acid for 12gallons to get 7ph and 2KH from my current KH parameters. I probably should have said 10g of water, but oh well. SCIENCE!!?!?!?

Testing 1hr after dose:

PH: 7~ (dim light so I will recheck tomorrow)

KH:4 (off my target by 2)

GH:9 (makes sense this wouldn't change)

TDS: 297 (increased by 93)

The TDS jumped almost 100, which is quite significant. KH is a little off my target, but for Neos shouldn't matter too much. If PH is at 7 then that was a bullseye. I just dumped the buffers directly into the tank so I will test it again tomorrow after the buffers have had all night to mix and see if any parameter has dropped.

I am also going to just move all my experiments to my Journal.