Eheim Suction Cups

Hey ShrimpSpot!

As most of you know I use all Eheim Canister filters in particular the 2213. I am not sure if I am the only person having this problem but after a period of time, my intake which has a SS Filter Guard attached at the end, slowly slides down and eventually hits the substrate. I then have to either reapply the suction cups, take them out/wipe them off, or move the intake and wipe the little bit of biofilm/algae off the wall. 

Any suggestions or recommendations? 

Thanks!

DETAquarium

Hey ShrimpSpot!

As most of you know I use all Eheim Canister filters in particular the 2213. I am not sure if I am the only person having this problem but after a period of time, my intake which has a SS Filter Guard attached at the end, slowly slides down and eventually hits the substrate. I then have to either reapply the suction cups, take them out/wipe them off, or move the intake and wipe the little bit of biofilm/algae off the wall. 

Any suggestions or recommendations? 

Thanks!

DETAquariumI

I cut my intake pipes to the length I need it at. The curve of the pipe sittting on the rim is what holds it vertically and the suctions cups prevents from moving side to side.  I noticed on your vids, the intake pipes stick up above your tank. If you cut the pipe you can have it sitting flush plus you will get a little bit more flow because the decreased height will have less head pressure. I use a pvc pipe cutter and they are a few bucks at home depot.

Putting the s'cups in hot water almost boiling for a few minutes revives them a bit and the glass must be as clean as possible of course..

In shrimp tanks I always use a sponge on the intake to add to the filtration and the shrimp love feeding there, it's also great to catch some of the powdered foods before the canister does..

Yeah damn suction cups one of my pet hates of the hobby, in fact the eheim black cups are one of the better long lasting ones from my experience compared to all the low quality stuff you get with say many of thermometers, most of the white air tubing suction cups and more ... 

Design an everlasting suction cup and it will take the hobby by storm ! :)