fishless cycle mistake

So i bought ammonia with surfactants in it and have been cycling with it. I just read the ingredients and noticed that it contains surfactants despite being labeled "pure". Anyways my understanding is that surfactants is just detergent i should be able to a complete water change and be ok. Has anyone made this mistake and been keeping shrimp just fine? This is going to be my TB tank so i just wanted to be 100% sure they're not going to die because of this.

You have a serious problem. You will have to rinse everything including substrate out thoroughly and I would still be worried. Fish may handle a minute amount of soap but not shrimp. This is the only product I use if doing a fishless cycle. http://www.hanaquatics.com/dr-tims-aquatics-ammonium-chloride/

Yea this was what i was worried about. I guess since i am planning the tank for TBs i should start from scratch since TBs are sensitive already. Good thing i didn't add the substrate yet and my DIY hmf was only $6. Might even get a new tank since they're only $15 and use this one for neo culls. Thanks for the link.

Yea this was what i was worried about. I guess since i am planning the tank for TBs i should start from scratch since TBs are sensitive already. Good thing i didn't add the substrate yet and my DIY hmf was only $6. Might even get a new tank since they're only $15 and use this one for neo culls. Thanks for the link.

Was the tank for shrimpscales ROAK when you win it ????? :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

If didnt add substrate then most of your problems have been solved. I was worried about the substrat. Just give the tank a really good multiple warm water rinsing. If you had wood or porous rocks in there , I wouldn't use them and I wouldn't take the chance on TB's :thumbsd:

Yea I've read that ACE brand is everyone's go to, but I'll be checking the dollar store since people say they find it there as well. If i was lucky enough to win shrimpscales ROAK I'd just move my RCS out of my 20L and give them that tank ha.