Cycling help!

gcorona301

Okay so I dosed my 55 gallon aquarium 4 or 5 days ago 3-4ppm ammonia and I have checked it today and it has dropped to 1ppm and my nitrites is slowly going up around 0.25ppm

My ph is around 8.1 is that affecting it??? I also used Dr tims one and only and pissed that didn't work -_- help please! Should I lower the Ph? If so how???

My temp. Is 83

look at this picture it explains how much ammoniak you can expect in your tank.....

the blue line does not harm your fish/shrimps, the red line is a NO GO try to keep it as low as possible it will kill your fish/shrimps slowly........ 

because im using for the most of my tanks RO i dont have to worry about NO3 cause NO3 is ALWAYS zero at ph lower then 6 :) (thank god XD)

Evenwicht%20NH3%20NH4.gif

Your golden, the dr. Tims is working. Your supposed to see ammonia go down while nitrates go up. Add more ammonia everyday and wait for the ammonia and nitrites to get to zero. Do a 100% water change and your cycled. Do not adjust your ph, alkaline ph is good for cycling. No worries man, cycling takes at least 3 weeks. I just cycled a tank of my own using this method in about 2 3/4 weeks. Good luck!

Your golden, the dr. Tims is working. Your supposed to see ammonia go down while nitrates go up. Add more ammonia everyday and wait for the ammonia and nitrites to get to zero. Do a 100% water change and your cycled. Do not adjust your ph, alkaline ph is good for cycling. No worries man, cycling takes at least 3 weeks. I just cycled a tank of my own using this method in about 2 3/4 weeks. Good luck!

Alright Thanks! I just have to be more patient :| haha and no i have no fish yet in the tank yet

Umm honestly I dose to 1-2 ppm everyday, I don't check, I just watch my nitrites and wait for them to zero out. I try to make it as simple as possible. The true test once your nitrites hit zero is to add 2 ppm of ammonia, then 24 hours later test to see if ammonia and nitrites have been converted to nitrates