My shrimp aren't coming out to eat

For the past couple of days my RCS haven't been coming out to eat properly. There may be one or two that come out and graze on the food and then leave. I don't feed them that often maybe once every 2-4 days. When i first got these shrimp, almost all of them would come out and eat. There were one or two that found food else where. I started out feeding them Hikari sinking wafers that I feed to alot of my other fish and some shrimp. I then got my hands on GlasGarten Shrimp Dinner which they really don't touch too often.

I've tested my water chemistry and it's all fine like all my aquariums.

I hope there is a simple explination for this.

Thank you for the reply 9thdragon.

I do sometimes dose Bacter AE. But ive never had a problem in any of my other shrimp tanks. This tank is one of my new nano display tanks and i'm still building it up and have only put 8 or so RCS in.

Not necessarily a bad thing. I agree with 9thdragon, there is a surplus of food in your tank. I would continue to feed in the amount that satisfies those still coming out to eat. If your water chemistry is as you say, soon you will have shrimplets. Once your population grows they'll eat up the excess food and you'll see many more hungry shrimp when you feed, and likely anytime you look at your tank. 

mine don't eat the commercial food much either...usually the snail ends up with it.  I have lots of algae on the glass, cholla wood, driftwood and well seeded sponge filters which they congregate on, so its more than likely they are happy with the food they are finding in the tank.

Ultimately it comes down to how large or an aquarium you have and how many shrimp you have. Larger aquariums or smaller colonies tend to eat less as there is plenty of natural food to accommodate. How much are you feeding at one time as well?

Thank you monty703 and DETaquarium

As to your question DETaquarium, I feed them either half of a hikari sinking wafer or about a third to a half of a GlasGasten Shrimp Dinner Pad.

I feed every other day now, but a tiny tiny piece of something.  I have 20+ shrimps in a 10 gallon and they still seem to prefer the cholla wood or sponge filter or the algae on the glass to the food.  My snails clean up, so nothing is left if the shrimps don't eat the food.  Do you have leaves in the tank?

If not put one in the front and I bet you'll see more of your shrimps feeding of it once it floats to the bottom.

Thank you monty703 and DETaquarium

As to your question DETaquarium, I feed them either half of a hikari sinking wafer or about a third to a half of a GlasGasten Shrimp Dinner Pad.

How large is the aquarium and how many shrimp do you have?

I feed every other day now, but a tiny tiny piece of something.  I have 20+ shrimps in a 10 gallon and they still seem to prefer the cholla wood or sponge filter or the algae on the glass to the food.  My snails clean up, so nothing is left if the shrimps don't eat the food.  Do you have leaves in the tank?

If not put one in the front and I bet you'll see more of your shrimps feeding of it once it floats to the bottom.

I put an almond leave in the aquarium about a week ago and they've been coming out more.