Katie's 10g Cherry Shrimp House!

kcoscia

Well, things went from going well here to being completely unstable. 

I'm having issues with TDS and GH. My TDS shot sky high, and my GH is unstable. I think it's the fault of Seachem Replenish being inconsistent. I'm not sure. 

I added Seachem Curpisorb to possibly solve my unexplained death problems (deaths before the instability)

Maybe I over looked it but do you use RO water and mix GH booster? 

If it's just sand in the tank the low KH would be the reason the PH swings occur specially with a smaller tank. 

When you say issues with TDS what type of range are you working with? I know I can have TDS climb from star 160 to 175 by the end of the week, but when I do WC I always do drip method and even with the lowering of TDS back down to 160  I have no issues at all. 

kcosia,

Have you ever tried tapwater ?

I have been keeping shrimp a bit over a year now and several types of shrimps.  I use regular tapwater (dechlorinated) .  I lost 1 shrimp two weeks ago out of a couple of hundred that breed rather nicely .

I find tapwater to be great . I do 5% water changes 2 - 3 times a week.  I have no idea what my KH nor PH are (tapwater here is high ph) nor do I care but maybe trying to maintain PH with your RO water which seems to swing might be the problem.

I use tap water and mix baking soda and seachem replenish for kH GH as of right now. Comes out of the tap at 0 kH 0 GH and varying TDS. I've just left it alone for the past week or so with the purigen and cuprisorb running, TDS 300+ and no one has died? Idk hahaha