Cycling without preseeded media

I do not recommend adding live amanos (or live anything) until you have completely cycled your tank. The amanos will not survive.

You can buy a bottle of pure ammonia (no surfactants or additives) and use that to cycle your tank. Much more efficient and less cruel.

Just google fishless cycling, and you'll get lots of info.

I do not recommend adding live amanos (or live anything) until you have completely cycled your tank. The amanos will not survive.

You can buy a bottle of pure ammonia (no surfactants or additives) and use that to cycle your tank. Much more efficient and less cruel.

Just google fishless cycling, and you'll get lots of info.

Amanos are by far one of the most hardiest shrimps ever.

When I have to transfer amanos to planted tanks, I just toss them in. No death and no acclimation needed.

I even accidentally dropped amanos from 70F to 45F with no acclimation when transferring plants with no death at all. 

I accidentally put shrimp in new tanks when cycling with Amazonia and because of the low PH the shrimp survive. Umm.. I try not to make this a habit! lol!

It would be enough ammonia, but it's risky, they might die. I've added shrimp too new tanks with no problems before using bottled bacteria.

It's up to you really. You have to keep an eye on ammonia and nitrite and do water changed if they get too high.