Sex this shrimp for me?

Jynn

I don't know why i'm so bad at sexing shrimp, but I am.

I would guess female, but when I guess on other "sex my shrimp post" everyone else always guesses opposite of me.

WMITgM6.jpg

What am I actually looking for when trying to sex a shrimp?

I tend to just remember which ones ive seen berried and that's the only reason I ever know any of my shrimp are female.

Female shrimps tend to be larger and have a curved underbelly where they carry the eggs. When females are more translucent it makes it easier and there is a period where a saddle appears on the back before the eggs pass down to the underbelly. I think you are correct. Looks like a female to me. If you can get berries on it then I will even guarantee it!

Female shrimps tend to be larger and have a curved underbelly where they carry the eggs. When females are more translucent it makes it easier and there is a period where a saddle appears on the back before the eggs pass down to the underbelly. I think you are correct. Looks like a female to me. If you can get berries on it then I will even guarantee it!

I know some species are harder to tell apart but this works well for neo's.

I can tell my OEBTs by the saddles, but the TBs and CRS are too opaque :(

What is the age of this shrimp? At first glance I would guess female, I say this because the abdomen is definitely more rounded than straight back.