Dropped the Ball on This One

So i've been keeping these dream blue velvet shrimp in a shrimp only tank with some Amano shrimp also in there.  I've noticed that my females have berried a couple of times, but they always seem to drop their eggs for some reason.  There is no ammonia/nitrites in the tank and my ph is around 7 maybe a little higher.  I have yet to get anything to test for gh and kh (looking for those test only kits, have yet to find any in local pet store for some reason) and I was wondering if that could be the problem?  They are fed Shirakura shrimp pellets and occasionally some blanched spinach.  Are there any nutrients that they could be missing out on?

So i've been keeping these dream blue velvet shrimp in a shrimp only tank with some Amano shrimp also in there.  I've noticed that my females have berried a couple of times, but they always seem to drop their eggs for some reason.  There is no ammonia/nitrites in the tank and my ph is around 7 maybe a little higher.  I have yet to get anything to test for gh and kh (looking for those test only kits, have yet to find any in local pet store for some reason) and I was wondering if that could be the problem?  They are fed Shirakura shrimp pellets and occasionally some blanched spinach.  Are there any nutrients that they could be missing out on?

I'm just thinking out loud here but amano's are mean, apex predator of the shrimp world. They might be harassing your blue's and if they are hatching babies the amano's are eating well.

I'm just thinking out loud here but amano's are mean, apex predator of the shrimp world. They might be harassing your blue's and if they are hatching babies the amano's are eating well.

Really?! I didn't think amanos could get aggressive until I just read a few cases on other forums.  My Amano on the other hand never bother any of my dwarfs, they even jump away occasionally if a blue gets in the way.  This has me thinking though that just the presence of the amano in there is enough for the mommas to decide not to keep the eggs?  I dont understand why they would though because I feel like natural instincts would tell them to at least to attempt to reproduce, but maybe these tank breed shrimp have lost some of that? IDK im just thinking.  The amano can't be eating the babies because the mother just dropped the eggs right in front of me