New to plants and shrimps please help.

Sunisuni

Hello my name is suni.

After watching a YouTube care for her shrimp í thought I'd give it a try.

I purchased a 7 gallon aqua top.

Modified the filter to have a sponge in the intake tube. 3 rocks might be slate. It had plenty of plants and eco complete substrate. My ph is at a deadly 8.4. My ammonia and nitrites fluctuate drastically from day to day. I Íker started root tabs. And flourish. I have a finnx plus light set up. Now ive seen many shrimp keepers use MK BREED. Borneo wild. And bacter ae. Underneath the substrate. I didn't do that. Was í supposed to? Should í buy some?if so which one do you recommend. I plan to keep neo cardinias. Blue dreams. Please help me control my tank. I use prime for my tap water. I live in a small town and dont have fancy aquatic stores. Ive heard the Wal-Mart water dispenser (primo) is ro. Yeah im going insane. Some help would be really appreciated.

Hello my name is suni.

After watching a YouTube care for her shrimp í thought I'd give it a try.

I purchased a 7 gallon aqua top.

Modified the filter to have a sponge in the intake tube. 3 rocks might be slate. It had plenty of plants and eco complete substrate. My ph is at a deadly 8.4. My ammonia and nitrites fluctuate drastically from day to day. I Íker started root tabs. And flourish. I have a finnx plus light set up. Now ive seen many shrimp keepers use MK BREED. Borneo wild. And bacter ae. Underneath the substrate. I didn't do that. Was í supposed to? Should í buy some?if so which one do you recommend. I plan to keep neo cardinias. Blue dreams. Please help me control my tank. I use prime for my tap water. I live in a small town and dont have fancy aquatic stores. Ive heard the Wal-Mart water dispenser (primo) is ro. Yeah im going insane. Some help would be really appreciated.

Welcome! You don't need to add Bacter AE, but it is helpful in establishing your bacteria growth. You can still add it to the tank on your next water change if you want. If you want to lower your ph without buying an RO unit, you can try running a filter with peat moss in a bucket of water. Other option is to order an RO unit from Amazon for about $60.