Behavior of taitibees

Lucky

I am into shrimps since januari 2015 with 3 tanks : 1 taiwan bee + F1 , 1 black pinto + F1 and 1 red pinto + F1.

Last december I started 3 more tanks : 1 Royal blue tigers , 1 skunk mischlings ( most of them look like tangerine tigers) and 1 taitibees 

The behavior of the skunk mishlings and the taitibees is not like in the other tanks: they are swimming around ALL the time , more or less like when there would be a female ready to mate.Only they swim more along the glass of the tank.

Water parameters are fine and they are healthy. The skunk mishlings even have there first baby's and tehse are also doing alright .

Does anyone of you guys have similar behavior with those crossed shrimps ?

Or could it be because I keep them on a clay soil with PH of only 6 ?

The RBT are also kept in similar conditions and the don't show this behavior ...

I have a mix tank of TBs and Taitibees, and my experience is the exact same.  Taitibees constantly on the prowl as if "dancing".  I would say that my female Taitibee is as "chill" as other shrimp, but all of the other ones are active like you described above.

Shrimple Minded ,

Do you also have a low PH in that tank ? 

What I don't understand is why the pinto's (are also taitibee's) do not show that behavior ...

Are there people by whom these type of shrimps do not show such behavior ?

I honestly have not experienced this type of behavior. I would not fret though, as long as your shrimp are happy, healthy, and molting.

• 2 months later...

Shrimple Minded ,

I'm starting to think that maybe my taitibees are all sterile , or at least all the females are sterile . So far I haven't seen one female with eggs , while I'm having pregnant females in my 5 other tanks.Do you have pregnant females in that tank ?

@ Lucky - I did have one Taitibee female in my original batch, and she is my most prolific female to date.  I have a lot of F1s and many should be reaching sexual maturity soon.  The original female has impressive size and is my fastest to re-berry after hatching babies.  I'm seeing patterns across the board, with clear predecessors to zebra and belly, as well steels.