Seachem Pristine

Was re-ordering some Stability this evening and ran across a new product I hadn't heard of before.  Does anyone know if Seachem Pristine is shrimp-safe or if it has a role to play in creating a better aquatic environment?

Pristine™ uses bio-augmentation, a non-chemical and natural method, to improve water quality. It provides bacteria that break down excess food, waste and detritus in freshwater and marine systems. It will also reduce excess nutrients (e.g. ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites) that may fuel the growth of nuisance and disease-causing organisms. Pristine™ increases water clarity and promotes overall better health for the aquatic environment.

The bacteria species in Pristine™ thrive in fresh or salt water and can utilize a wide range of organic compounds, including fats that can cause unsightly films. Unlike traditional nitrifying bacteria, this bacterial blend can adapt to harsh or low oxygen environments and continue to multiply and improve water conditions. Biopolymers produced by established bacterial colonies trap particulates and increase water clarity.

The species of bacteria in Pristine™ are a unique blend, specifically developed for hardiness and their ability to adapt to a wide variety of environmental conditions.

http://www.seachem.com/pristine.php

Interesting. Reminds me of Dr Tim's waste away and refresh.  I wonder if they use the same strains. Eco balance from Dr Tim's is interesting too. Sometimes this it really helps to get an out of balance tank back in order. I've only tried eco balance in the shrimp tanks. Seems to me borneo wild works great in them.  Seachem makes first rate stuff though. Would kind of like to try this. it is odd that it works both in fresh and salt. Dr Tim's makes different types for fresh and salt. I would really like to know if it is shrimp safe. I think refresh is not invert safe so there are some products of this type that are not. If anyone wants to contact Seachem and report here that would be great. If not I'll write them this weekend and post back what they say.  Good find shrimple.

Q: How is Pristine different from Seachem Stability?

A: Pristine uses bio-augmentation, a non-chemical and natural method, to improve water quality. It contains different strains of bacteria that have a high affinity for larger proteins such as sludge buildup on substrate, waterfalls, rocks, etc. It also helps rid your tank of the oil slick on the surface of the water, typically a result of overfeeding.