TDS questions

I just checked my TDS and it is currently at 270 I just did a small water change with RO water measuring 140 TDS should I do a water change with just RO water to bring it down to recommended levels do I still remineralize? I currently have 30-40 red cherry/Rili shrimps they are breeding great so far in a 10 gallon with a double sponge filter and a lowkeys abosorbtoion boards. Thanks in advance

image.png

Check your Gh and kh first. Don't go off Tds only. Whatever numbers you use will determine whether to use straight ro or to add reminerlzed water.  I just had a similar situation I had to do a almost 50% wc of strait ro to get my numbers . I use a gh of 6 and kh of 3 tds of 140.

9 hours ago, Bryce said:

Check your Gh and kh first. Don't go off Tds only. Whatever numbers you use will determine whether to use straight ro or to add reminerlzed water.  I just had a similar situation I had to do a almost 50% wc of strait ro to get my numbers . I use a gh of 6 and kh of 3 tds of 140.

Thanks for the advice Bryce is it safe to do 50% wc?

When I perform water changes to reduce TDS, I don't remineralize. Simply add pure RODI water slowly.

Not neccessary to do another water change since you just did one. It can stress the shrimps out, and they are happy breeding anyway. Check your GH/KH as mentioned if needed.

I would wait for another week or 2 to do another water change.