Type of filter?

So, I went to the store today and I am going to buy my large tank. This is the thing, which is better, and what are the pros and cons between canister filters and power filters. This will be for a 60 gallon tank, or 55 gallon tank. The power filter would be for the 55, since it is in a kit and the canister filter would be for the 60. The kit for the 55 gallon includes the top fin duel power filter, so the top fin power filter 75, a hood with LED lights, and a heater. The only other thing we would need is the stand, which cost a few hundred at the petstore. We went searching at thrift stores, furniture stores, and found nothings. There was a 60 gallon tank at the petstore though, for 250 that included the stand and was compatible with canister filters. We would buy a 200W heater, which is 40$ and a canister? So, my question is it better to buy the kit, and then buy the stand for 200$, or buy the 60 with stand, then buy the heater and filter separate?

As for filters it really comes down to personal preference. I personally only use canisters, and only Eheim. I find canisters quieter and more effective, but they also cost substantially more.

You should be able to find a metal frame stand for 50 bucks, Can't hide anything inside them, but they are way cheaper.

I use both, and I love my Eheim. Had one in my bedroom and didn't hear a thing. I also like having  my filters exceed my tanks. I am running a HOB rated for 20 gal on a 5 gal tank as example. Extra filtration never hurts.

=^._.^=