Bacter ae

I've been doing a half dose of bacter ae for about 5 days now (it recommends doing half the amount for the first week) I noticed tonight that the waters a bit cloudy I think I have a bacteria bloom. The only thing that's different is that I've been adding bacter ae. Should I do anything? Will my tank do a cycle?

I've been doing a half dose of bacter ae for about 5 days now (it recommends doing half the amount for the first week) I noticed tonight that the waters a bit cloudy I think I have a bacteria bloom. The only thing that's different is that I've been adding bacter ae. Should I do anything? Will my tank do a cycle?

It shouldn't. Whenever I have a ton of babies I don't worry. It's usually just microfauna growing, which are eaten by shrimp. This is referred to as "green water," rich in amino acids and other nutrients for developing inverts, and often used as a food for fry and larval inverts. Sometimes it gets really murky, and although it doesn't concern me that much, I'll do a 2 day regimen of 1/2 dose Melafix when it murks up to knock down the microfauna growth, because yes, it contributes to the bioload and it looks nicer after.

I don't have a before pic, but here's the after pic after getting really murky water from using Bacter like a week straight.

0a062e85d43b5d83bcc21df27396a57c.jpg

Pretty clear now. At first I thought it was dirty tank glass. Then I saw all the little water fleas and microorganisms. No it's clear and no little swimmers.