Shrimp compatibility? And a few other questions :3

Jorge_

Hey, I just wanted to know if my shrimp, cherry shrimp can be placed in my 60 gallon aquarium. I only have 3 mollies and 4 cories, but I still dont know if I can put them in there. The reason im asking is because my shrimp have bred, and are pregnant again. So, I was wondering if I can transfer some of the shrimplets into that tank. I actually dont know how old they are, but they have recently been swimming around the tank alot, they love going into the bubble stream and flying to the top, then drifting down :)

They also have some developing red, so if anyone can kinda make an estimate? Ill also include a video. 

But back on topic, I was wondering if I can keep these shrimp with my other fish, and get a large colony developed in there, then add some more fish so by that time they don't get wiped out. 

One last thing, my tank isnt crazy planted or anything, as this is my first actual scaping type thing with lots of plant. I want to know what I should place in the center of my tank, what would be a good plant make lots of coverage on the floor, kinda like a carpet? But not throughout the entire floor, and any other plants suggested/advised? Thanks for any help/responces!

Link to shrimplets: 

Link to the tank: https://flic.kr/s/aHskCDvoWy

Hello

In my limited experience, mollies will eat juvi shrimp if they get the opportunity as they are carnivorous and so are cories

You would have to put in a lot of hiding spaces for the lil guys.

As far as ground cover goes all depends on wat substrate your using and wether you are dosing ferts and CO2

From hobby to addiction

Hello

In my limited experience, mollies will eat juvi shrimp if they get the opportunity as they are carnivorous and so are cories

As far as ground cover goes all depends on wat substrate your using and wether you are dosing ferts and CO2

From hobby to addiction

Sorry mollies are omnivores not carnivores

11 minutes ago, noobie101 said:

Hello

From hobby to addiction

Oh, forgot to mention, sorry! I dont want any really complicated plants, so no CO2 and high lighting. I only have LEDs, which seem really strong and blind me when I look at them but, pretty sure not as strong as others.

Definitely no shrimp with Mollies. Shrimp become dinner.

Your shrimp appear to be about 4-5 mm in length so they're probably around 3-4 weeks old. But if they're not, I tracked the growth of a couple of my smaller neo colonies and found they usually come out at roughly 1 millimeter (1 mm at age "0"), then grow about 1 mm/week. So, Age (in weeks) ~= Length (in mm) - 1. I only was about to keep track of enough 'til they were 5-6 weeks old, so it holds true while they're still around half a centimeter, maybe longer (but obvious eventually slows down).

For ground cover: Ground cover is tough with sand but hairgrass looks great on it. You just have to make sure to really take your time and space out the individual nodes or it never grows.

Glossostigma is nice but does better in co2, but still grows well without. Just taller.

You could try fissidens or pellia (or whatever) on mesh, so it could be moved around if you want.

On the other hand, a lot of small cryptocorynes would look nice popping up here and there. You could also consider driftwood with moss, or whatever you want, creeping out from the rocks toward the center, like sunken roots. That would be my choice.