We dream in water.

Tannin Aquatics

I will bet that you're a bit like me (well, maybe not quite as weird..) in that you'll often fall asleep dreaming up your fantasy aquariums in your head. You know, the crazy idea that you've wanted to execute- the one with the huge tank, the outrageous aquascape...the one that technology isn't quite available for yet..Or maybe it's a fish room..Not JUST a fish room, but one with a perfect design, awesome filtration, great access, lighting...all that stuff.

[IMG]

Or maybe it's a dream of breeding that one fish that you covet. When I was a kid, I dreamed about breeding the Black Ghost Knifefish...well, not just breeding it- creating different color strains! Like, a Black one with a bright red anal fin and tail...yeah...I mean, it WAS a fantasy...

Every once in a while, it's kind of fun to indulge those dreams. Particularly, those dream concept tanks. I often think that many of these tanks are actually derivations or perfected versions of the ones I currently work with. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that my current leaf litter-dominated aquarium in my office, which I often sort of take for granted, was a "fantasy tank" of mine a number of years back. I mean, I played around with leaf litter in tanks, but just doing a "casual" display tank with the botanical "concept" was definitely "fantasy material" for me for a lot of years. (click to read more)

[IMG]