It really IS all about YOU!

Tannin Aquatics

One of the things we've noticed since we started Tannin has been a surprising number of hobbyists around the world making that "mental shift" we speak of so often around here- accepting a different aesthetic and developing some practices which encourage the accumulation of tannins and the fostering of a more natural looking- and functioning- aquarium. I am so proud of the many hobbyists who have let some of the dogma surrounding what "everyone" thinks an aquarium should look like, and embraced our personal journeys of aquatic self-discovery. 

IMG_3985_large.JPG?16118455495032263336

I think my concept of a natural-inspired aquarium is different than the conventional hobby adopted concept of the hardcore "biotope aquarium", and it's important that you understand this. I think it's amazing to mimic some very specific environmental and regional aquatic features. It's a big change, and often near impossible to find materials from the exact environments we're attempting to replicate. Nonetheless, there are many amazing examples of fantastic biotope aquariums created by hobbyists around the world- and I salute them! Stunning achievements! (click to read more)