Ada 60f

NeMox69x

Not specifically the 60F but I'm about to start the TruAqua (aquatop) 3G long bookshelf which is similar in dimensions just smaller at 18x5x7h. Will be starting a journal on this really soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NeMox69x said:

Does anyone have an ADA 60f setup as a shrimp only tank? I'm very interested in doing it and was curious to if anyone has it setup for ideas? 

I love the 60F, wish I had more room. What are you thinking?

51 minutes ago, ibebian said:

I love the 60F, wish I had more room. What are you thinking?

I'm thinking of either going controsoil or sl-Aqua for substrate. Micmol Aqua Air planted for lighting. Eheim 2213 for filtration. With bucephalandra (on wood), maybe some collectorish fissiden species and maybe a pink flamingo crypt. I wanna collect more bucephalandra and that footprint would be wonderful for that. Stocking would be Taiwan bees. Most likely going to be extreme blue bolts. 

3 hours ago, NeMox69x said:

I'm thinking of either going controsoil or sl-Aqua for substrate. Micmol Aqua Air planted for lighting. Eheim 2213 for filtration. With bucephalandra (on wood), maybe some collectorish fissiden species and maybe a pink flamingo crypt. I wanna collect more bucephalandra and that footprint would be wonderful for that. Stocking would be Taiwan bees. Most likely going to be extreme blue bolts. 

Nice, I was considering SL-Aqua but couldn't find it in stock, so went with typical AquaSoil. Plant wise, sounds like we're thinking similarly =)

I'm also looking to get various fissidens to try the yogurt DSM method, and 1 or 2 blue/purple buce's as a show piece.

I have not heard of the Micmol Aqua Air, and it looks both high end and affordable! Where are you planning on buying the new Aqua Air from, it seems like the G1 Aqua Air 20W in their store is the slightly older model? The price for that isn't bad at $69 including ramp and timer. I was considering a FInnex Planted+ cliplight which is around $45 but I'm going for a low tech tank.

What made you decide on this light? Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

6 hours ago, ibebian said:

Nice, I was considering SL-Aqua but couldn't find it in stock, so went with typical AquaSoil. Plant wise, sounds like we're thinking similarly =)

I'm also looking to get various fissidens to try the yogurt DSM method, and 1 or 2 blue/purple buce's as a show piece.

I have not heard of the Micmol Aqua Air, and it looks both high end and affordable! Where are you planning on buying the new Aqua Air from, it seems like the G1 Aqua Air 20W in their store is the slightly older model? The price for that isn't bad at $69 including ramp and timer. I was considering a FInnex Planted+ cliplight which is around $45 but I'm going for a low tech tank.

What made you decide on this light? Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I actually already own one. I first heard about micmol from DETaquarium. It's truly a wonderful light. There are two models but I prefer the G1 housing unit. It's much more sleak and high end looking. I paid $90 for my first one and now that it's $70 I no doubt want another one! 

I was the biggest finnex supporter (still own a stingray) but I'm definetly converted to micmol. Mostly because you can chose what intensity you want specifically.. 

I actually already own one. I first heard about micmol from DETaquarium. It's truly a wonderful light. There are two models but I prefer the G1 housing unit. It's much more sleak and high end looking. I paid $90 for my first one and now that it's $70 I no doubt want another one! 
I was the biggest finnex supporter (still own a stingray) but I'm definetly converted to micmol. Mostly because you can chose what intensity you want specifically.. 

I suspected as much you already owned one as it was impossible to find a place that carried the new generation. I'm glad you like it because I bought the G1 last night haha. Very little info on it but it does look like an awesome light. I'm a skittle surprised as to the low number of red leds though..

Could you do me a favor and measure the length of the legs that sit on the tank? Hopefully they're less than 5.5"...

1 hour ago, ibebian said:

I suspected as much you already owned one as it was impossible to find a place that carried the new generation. I'm glad you like it because I bought the G1 last night haha. Very little info on it but it does look like an awesome light. I'm a skittle surprised as to the low number of red leds though..

Could you do me a favor and measure the length of the legs that sit on the tank? Hopefully they're less than 5.5"...

Are we talking depth? If so then yes they are 4.5" , I'm gonna purchase my second one here soon. You selected planted version correct?

1 hour ago, chappy6107 said:

are the legs adjustable for the width of the tank?  I see new ones are 560mm then 860mm.  Do you know if the legs of the 860mm will slide in to fit a smaller tank?

It's adjustable.. like 560 to 860. It opens up to as far as 860 and as small as 560 using the leg mounts. 

Yes I mean depth, not width. The tank is 18" long so well within the adjustable limits, leaving about 3.5" on either end so light should be enough to hit the corners l, what do you think?

4.5" depth is perfect!

are the legs adjustable for the width of the tank?  I see new ones are 560mm then 860mm.  Do you know if the legs of the 860mm will slide in to fit a smaller tank?

Yeah the legs are adjustable to the range they specify. I'm super excited for this light!

My tank is 18" long and it lights the entire tank, I even had enough bleed out to grow mini pellia in a hang on back breeder box. 

Hm the other consideration is that I'm using the Azoo mignon 60 HOB, and I was going to place it on the short side so the outflow goes the long length of the tank. Sorry for asking another dimension, but what is the width of the leg that sits on the rim? Wondering if I could hook the HOB right into that. Shouldn't be too big a deal if I hang the HOB on the long side though.

@NeMox69x Thanks for sending me the pic and dimensions! I just got the LED fixture in today, and as suspected, it is a little too large to hang the Azoo HOB filter on the LED fixture legs so that the flow can go the long way (though really the outflow is more 45 degree downward than horiztonal so it may not really matter). The Micmol LED is amazing though, I LOVE being able to set intensity across sunrise/midday/sunset/night, I feel like I won't be able to go back to a simple on/off light anymore!

12 hours ago, ibebian said:

@NeMox69x Thanks for sending me the pic and dimensions! I just got the LED fixture in today, and as suspected, it is a little too large to hang the Azoo HOB filter on the LED fixture legs so that the flow can go the long way (though really the outflow is more 45 degree downward than horiztonal so it may not really matter). The Micmol LED is amazing though, I LOVE being able to set intensity across sunrise/midday/sunset/night, I feel like I won't be able to go back to a simple on/off light anymore!

I'm actually getting a 40W for Christmas because of that setting feature. I absolutely love mine, Takes a while to fully dial it in to your liking and not of algae but once you find it.. it's amazing! Best of luck my friend!