CRS, white tinted red

Axelrod12

No pic for now but I've noticed that on a couple of my CRS the white part has a reddish tint to it. If I look at two side by side I can tell that some have a brighter white in them than others. This wasn't always the case though they used to all look the same shade white. I have two theories but I'd like to get opinions from more experienced. My first theory is that the shrimp with the reddish tint are either berried or were recently. Second theory, I know the kh and gh in the tank are both a bit high for CRS, and I have begun working on switching the tank over to RO. However, I'm wondering if the shrimp living in not optimal conditions for a few months could have effected molts or just simply coloring in some way? 

Mine typically do this right after they molt and up to about 48 hours later then the white will stabilize and go back to white again.  Typically when the GH/KH are off or not to their liking the white becomes more transparent but not with that reddish tint that almost looks like the red somehow bled into the white a bit.  This has just been my experience with mine anyway:)

I haven't noticed it in mine but I am colorblind so a light red or pink color would be hard for me to see

Mine typically do this right after they molt and up to about 48 hours later then the white will stabilize and go back to white again.  Typically when the GH/KH are off or not to their liking the white becomes more transparent but not with that reddish tint that almost looks like the red somehow bled into the white a bit.  This has just been my experience with mine anyway:)

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out to see if the white goes back to normal. 

I haven't noticed it in mine but I am colorblind so a light red or pink color would be hard for me to see

I feel your pain. I have issues with blues and greens. Shrimp coloring isn't as much an issue but testing those water parameters can get tricky.