Genetics Question

Question for the forum.  I've got this absolutely gorgeous BKK with a green backstripe.  Bought her as a BKK extreme and the stripe slowly appeared as she got older.  Is this indicative of some mixed genes?  A simple mutation?  She also just had her first batch of babies with what looks like some interesting patterns so I'm guessing she's not just pure BKK.  Let me know what you guys and gals think. 

20180419_204126.jpg

20180419_204121.jpg

If I am not mistaking. Many females will get a back-stripe. My Aura Blue females have them. However; the males do not. It is possible for you to breed them with the "racing stripe". I do not know how this works. Or the genetics of it. The way yours look on that female. It could pass onto other Shrimp including males. If so, You could try making a fishbone pattern.

Hope to have given you some insight.

• 1 month later...
If I am not mistaking. Many females will get a back-stripe. My Aura Blue females have them. However; the males do not. It is possible for you to breed them with the "racing stripe". I do not know how this works. Or the genetics of it. The way yours look on that female. It could pass onto other Shrimp including males. If so, You could try making a fishbone pattern.
Hope to have given you some insight.
Yes AB females will have a racing stripe but that doesn't always apply to other female caridinas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

These are 3 of her shrimplets, do you think these have tiger genes as well?  Looks like it to me but don't have experience with crossbreeds yet.   
20180522_170255.jpg.405e42af09d7d051b0ca985f0acf5245.jpg
20180522_170251.jpg.6ef94d9ee1aca4c6a24e284f4be4902f.jpg
20180522_170248.jpg.7eb2e839c801eb696c24fc6b2ecfb78d.jpg
Yes they do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...