Newbie from New Jersey!

CarissaLynn

Hey everyone! I am really loving this forum so far and noticed the introduction section so figured I'd just pop in and introduce myself! My name is Carissa, I am pretty new to keeping fish/shrimp - I got my first fish tank in February this year and now personally have 5, am working on my 6th and also help maintain 5 other tanks at my job since I've managed to get a bunch of people at work into the hobby now as well!

All of my current tanks are betta tanks but do have shrimp in those tanks too - have Amano, Cherry, Bloody Mary and Pumpkin :) I am currently working on my next tank - will be my first 'big' tank (20L or 29g, haven't decided yet) that will have the main focus of breeding some type of Neocaridina and possibly also breeding guppies in!

I'm really excited to meet some of you and be move involved here - as well as to learn and get further into shrimp keeping as I've seriously fallen in love with these guys!

Hi CarissaLynn,

Welcome to ShrimpSpot. I am also a newbie here. In such a short period of time, I have accumulated lots of information from the knowledgable members here. I hope you find this place fun, exciting and informative.

14 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

welcome to the Spot! 

seems like you have developed a serious case of MTS.....

.....Multiple Tank Syndrome

The struggle is real.

we are happy to have you join us and cant wait to see some of your tanks.

lol omg yes - the MTS is very real with me. Though I will say I do feel like this 6th tank is going to be my limit for a long while, I don't want to get more and have to start slacking on the care of all my others just due to time and such.

But I feel like I'm going to be in serious trouble when my boyfriend and I buy a house and I get him to help me build auto-water change systems and such lol

6 hours ago, AquaticShrimpNoob said:

Hi CarissaLynn,

Welcome to ShrimpSpot. I am also a newbie here. In such a short period of time, I have accumulated lots of information from the knowledgable members here. I hope you find this place fun, exciting and informative.

Aww well welcome as well then! So awesome to hear another newbie seems to be liking it here!