Cross Breeding Question

I'm not to the point of doing any crossbreeding projects but want to in the future.  I've not been able to find a topic on selecting the sex to crossbreed.   Say I want to make a TiBee, is it best practice to use a female TB and male Tiger or vice-versa or does it matter?  Then if I want to make a TaiTiBee?

That depends on what type of genes your trying to select for, as with all species of life, certain genes are carried dependant on if they are a recessive or dominant trait and if they are attached to an x chromosome or y chromosome. If your trying to do just some basic crosses, I've always found it easier to put a female of one in with the colony of another so I know that there isn't a rogue male in a tank knocking up every female. But I don't use breeder boxes unless I really really have to as it always seems to take much longer to get the "mood" established if both shrimp are stressed out.

I have been asking this same question around for months now. And all I can find is that most of the people breading shrimp are just mixing multiple colonies together or adding females to other colonies. Or selected breading a female to a male. And there is not control of the gene pool I guess because of the origin of the same cannot tell what is recessive or what is X and what is Y so the only thing to work with is the phenotype. And work from there.

If you start with a known type that doesn’t throw or breeds true like a PRL female and the breed it with another known stable line like a male Red Tiger let is say. You have two stable lines chosen and just need to make sure that there are no other males that can sire her

Once that has happened offspring can then be bred back to the mom and give you TaiTiBees. If your lucky you will end up with Fancy Red Tigers 👍