Are these shrimp ok?

shrimp1989

Hi all! These shrimp have been growing slowly and while I've seen one or two berried I've never seen any babies. Does this shrimp in the front look healthy to you? I'm worried about the brownish spots on it.

I just want them to be happy and breeding! Thanks for your advice.383cfc9e3946fea37aa1978dab0562a8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2018 at 7:31 AM, shrimp1989 said:

Hi all! These shrimp have been growing slowly and while I've seen one or two berried I've never seen any babies. Does this shrimp in the front look healthy to you? I'm worried about the brownish spots on it.

I just want them to be happy and breeding! Thanks for your advice.383cfc9e3946fea37aa1978dab0562a8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey!

I'm no expert but it looks a little like Chitinolytic bacterial disease or brown spot disease. It's usually caused by:

• Poor water conditions
  • Unhealthy or injured shrimps
  • Too much Nitrates
  • chemical imbalances
  • substrate turned bad

From what I've seen its quite treatable. I took most of this info off another forum called SKF! This thread has information on loads of shrimp parasites and diseases. Hope it helps!

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/5052-shrimp-diseases-and-diagnosis/?do=findComment&comment=70743

P.S: I hope I'm not violating any posting rule and if so, please feel free to take this post down mods :)