How to get OERT

Tigori

Tigori, we are all guessing here. Like I said I made the suggestion based on the pic of oert i saw with something in between oert abd oebt with red stripes. The blonds though i should add that i got a fewthat has almost no stripe at all, thus i thought to use it as canvas and it i can paint the red stripes n then its done. I will givebit a try anyway.

Btw, I have a hard time telling btoe with royal blue. I have some just like the ones in your.picture, and i dont know to call them which.

Tigori, we are all guessing here. Like I said I made the suggestion based on the pic of oert i saw with something in between oert abd oebt with red stripes. The blonds though i should add that i got a fewthat has almost no stripe at all, thus i thought to use it as canvas and it i can paint the red stripes n then its done. I will givebit a try anyway.

Please update me on this one when you got it going. Since the info about shrimps in the internet is still lacking, the really onlu sure way to prove things is to do them

Bryce my guess would be blueberry is what we call royal blue. I had a female with a lighter mid section like that, actually my profile pic. Only got a few clutches of babies from her and none shared her trait. Unfortunately she committed suicide this spring due to uncontrolled temp.

Yep. I thought she was awesome looking. I didn't have my fans set up correctly and the temp would jump like 5 degrees real quick. Had 3 breeding aged females jump out on me. I was away for work when this happened, was totally bummed when I got home.

Blue berry tiger is just a marketing ploy. Same as a royal blue. People come up with new names every time something on a baby shrimp has a slight color variance or lack of color. It is getting old that people do this.

There is a German breeder who has gotten a oert. I don't know how but he has. I have spoken to some breeders that know him. It is not stable yet so it is not out there much.

if you want to try it i would go with blond oebt. they already have a clear/orangish body and closer to what you are wanting to do. down side is i bet the black strip will be dominate. i could be wrong though. and you also have to keep in mind that even blond oebt will give blue offspring. and it will take many many generations to get it going well so have tanks and time ready

That is what I was thinking going with a blonde it may have a trait that would keep the blue from being dominate. You never know unless you try, that is how we get new strains in the hobby. If it was easy there would be hundreds of new strains, it seems like there is new ones popping up but it all the time but it doesnt show how long it took to get there.