What is your favorite regimine?

Jadenlea

Hi all. I havnt logged into the site for a long time. Life got super busy.  I still have 4 tanks where the shrimp are living but not necessarily excelling.   Now that I have the bug again, I thought it would be fun to hear everyones favorite  or most successful regimines. 

By that I mean, feeding, what types of food,  what types of supplements,  how often,    ect.      These 4 tanks are all about 2 years old so they are well seasoned

I still have all the popular products sitting around.  Shrimp daddy system , Recovers  MK supplements,  the beta glucan,  the bt 9,  sea mud,  MK blue and MK Mud.    I am sure I am forgetting some.   I can't decide which things I want to use!      

2 tanks are staying as is.    One is a tank with mostly mischlings and a few TB... most of the TB died off or just reverted back to mischlings over time.  The other tank has blue dreams.   I am going to add some type of tiger with them.      The other 2 tanks are going to be  redone.  One high ph, one  low.   

GO!!!!     Tell me your favorites!

Hopefully all my old friends are still around.  Mayphly, Shrimpscales,  Soothing,  Han.   (Han I see lots of neat new stuff on your site!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jadenlea.  I too have let life interfere with my living the dream!  I have learned to utilize natural leaf material as the main foods for my shrimp.  Weed and tree leaves provide plenty of variety and lots of minerals and nutrients.  I use broad and narrow leaf plantain, amaranth leaves, mulberry, nettle, kale and other garden veggies.  Most can be wild collected or grown easily.   I supplement with SK mineral and protein, CSF baby pro, and BW frenzy.  Works well for me with my Neos,,,,Mike

Welcome Back! 

Monday- MK Breed Black/Red DIamond

Tuesday- SL-Aqua Magic Powder

Wednesday- Lowkeys Spiral or Nishiki Ebi Protein

Thursday- SL-Aqua Magic Powder

Friday- MK Breed- White Crystal or CSF Pure Mineral

Saturday/Sunday- Snowflake or Nothing.

Hope that helps you as well as others that may have the same question.

DETAquarium

Just read the cycling method with it.  Interesting.  Seems like less work but much longer time period then using Dr Tims and preseeded filters.

I mix it up as to which days, but my main go-to's in order are:

SL_Aqua Magic Powder

Borneo Wild Stout

GlasGarten Bacter AE

GlasGarten Shrimp Dinner (I crush it into powder & smaller pieces)

Snowflake

Lowkeys Double Speed

...then any number of pelleted and pad samples I have on hand at the time. I use powder often and then solid pellets & pad types something like every other day..

I also use SkyFish M2 Microbe and for remineralizer I use Lowkeys GH+