Caridina shrimp dying

Hi there, I have a tank with crystal reds and blacks and a few blue bolts in it. I know they are generally kept in separate tanks but I know they can coexist in the same tank, but my problem is that I have had about 7 shrimp including the crystals and blue bolts die in the past week. I just tested everything in my water and my parameters are as follows:

PH: 6.4

KH: 0-2 (kind of hard to tell because the color is so faint in the test tube)

GH: 5

Nitrate: <5 ppm (not completely 0 but very close)

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Ammonia: 0 ppm

TDS: 118 ppm

That said it looks like everything is about perfect depending on what you consider to be the best parameters. Any idea why my shrimp would be dying? (substrate is fluval shrimp stratum, and filters are sponge, 40 gallon tank) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are you feeding your shrimp? Do you feed them betaglucans? I use to have random deaths at least 1 shrimp every other week. I really focus on water supplements and foods to boost immune health. Shrimps have very weak and simple immune symptoms and bacteria and viruses can attack again and again. Guava leaves and banana leaves are amazing for bacterial infections. I can send you pictures of the products I use for my shrimps health.

These are the products I use….first and second picture is my salts and additives that boost immunity with water changes. Third picture is natural leaves and cones that’s a great food source and combats viral and bacterial infection. I also use a product called shrimp fit a day or two after my weekly water change. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg