How many shrimps can you keep per gallon ?

kubism

So.. I've heard the rule or fish is 1 inch of fish per gallon, but since shrimps are so much smaller, I'd imaging they be different? 

I currently have 15 CRS  in a 4 gallon rimless, and 10 BKK in a separate 4g cube that I purchased form discobee

I have space to setup more tanks, just wondering how many shrimps I can keep per gallon.

Also, does the size of the tank have anything to do with shrimps breeding? on some of the breeding guides I've seen online, many say to go with a 10 gallon or 20 gallon. ( something about it being more forgiving to water parameters / mistakes ) 

size at some point matters.

the bigger the tank, the more stable the water parameters.

but too big is not good thing as well. shrimp seems more stressed if number is low in big tank.

and for selective breeding, number always keep on the low side.

so personally, I like 20L for all above points.

for selective breeding those 4G tanks are awesome. just stay on top of the water parameters. big chunk of moss will help the shrimp feel safer.

but if you want a nice community of shrimp that are easier to care for the bigger the better.

you saw how my rack setup was built so gives you an idea of the volume of water I use and how stable my parameters are.

for selective breeding those 4G tanks are awesome. just stay on top of the water parameters. big chunk of moss will help the shrimp feel safer.

but if you want a nice community of shrimp that are easier to care for the bigger the better.

you saw how my rack setup was built so gives you an idea of the volume of water I use and how stable my parameters are.

Yah.. the shrimp rack system I saw at your place is freaking awesome.. I'd like to get to that point.. someday.. I did get a pretty sturdy rack system that holds 800 lbs per shelf to start XD.  Still learning and discovering new things about shrimps everyday ! 

I did 40-50 shrimp per gallon. it takes a while to get there.

heavy planted though.

thanks for the tip, I think I need to add more moss / hiding places for the shrimps, right now I only have 1 cholla wood, and 2 2x4 ss mesh worth of java moss pe tank. Will probably hunt down some flame moss / other types of moss so the shrimps have more hiding places. 

Yah.. the shrimp rack system I saw at your place is freaking awesome.. I'd like to get to that point.. someday.. I did get a pretty sturdy rack system that holds 800 lbs per shelf to start XD.  Still learning and discovering new things about shrimps everyday ! 

go slow. learn as much as you can. if I were to build the rack again i'd use 40Breeders. those are perfect shrimp tanks.

once the substrate expires on these tanks I will be switching to 40Bs. 2 on each shelf and I'll still use a single 40B as the sump.