Marbled Crayfish

Ron

Hello,

I was moving my Marbled crayfish into new tanks so I thought I would snap some pics.

They went from one 40 gallon into a different 40 gallon and a 15 gallon for the blue ones.

MarbledCrayfishTanks_zpsf2ce77a6.jpg

Main Tank. A little cloudy, I think it's going through a mini cycle. There's over 150 in there.

MainMarbledCrayfishTank_zps5e9d66c1.jpg

MainMarbledCrayfishTank2_zps7940a351.jpg

Blue cray tank. Only 11 made the cut.

BlueMarbledCrayfishTank_zps0caa1c10.jpg

I know most people don't think the blue is a trait that sticks around but I have the room so why don't I find out.

Thanks for looking,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did not catch a photo, and as the color is likely influenced heavily by diet/environment, probably not reproduceable - but I just saw my biggest cray scurrying around with blue legs!

I'm easily amused.

Did not catch a photo, and as the color is likely influenced heavily by diet/environment, probably not reproduceable - but I just saw my biggest cray scurrying around with blue legs!

I'm easily amused.

I'm not sold on environment and diet influencing the colour as all my crays have been raised in the same tank. I recombined all my crays as I needed to shuffle some livestock. I probably won't separate them again till I reorganize my whole fish room.

That tank looks awesom :) I want a marble cray breeding setu when I move, well I have a couple tank that I want more hut still I love crays :)

Have you tried java moss for babies? I know they will eat it but I figured if you get enough and have another tank with it you should be fine.

Do they attack each other? Or eat other or babies?

Oh and about the blue ones, off of resaerch what I am convinced on is that the the blue is a virus/bacteria that grows on the shell and inside of the shell, and if a red cray eats a blu crays molten shell they will temporarily turn blue, because the permanatly blue ones are missing a gene or antibody that fights the virus/bacteria, the virus is harmless to the crays and other inverts and fish.