My first shrimp tanks

fishyd

Hey all, just wanted to share the pair of shrimp tanks I finally have ready. First batch of shrimp are coming in today (pumpkins from sbarbee) and other color will be blue dreams. Blue and orange for the (Boise State) Broncos! Might as well have some team spirit while learning :P

For my first tanks, I wanted to try and keep it simple. In some ways I have, in others ways, not so much. But here they are:

86602-albums13553-picture67733.jpg

86602-albums13553-picture67734.jpg

Just want to add a quick thank you to everyone here, especially soothing. I've already learned tons about shrimp keeping, but so much more to learn. I'm sure I'll succeed thanks to you all. 

Nice tanks. :)

The good thing about a forum is that you have lots of opinions to choose from.  What works for one person may or may not work for another, so the differing opinions are important. ;)

For instance, my neos are messy.  A food dish never helped, so I ended up taking them out.  But someone else may have a different experience.

Looks to be a great start fishyd, I am definitely looking forward to some pictures of the shrimp your adding.

Nice tanks. :)

The good thing about a forum is that you have lots of opinions to choose from.  What works for one person may or may not work for another, so the differing opinions are important. ;)

For instance, my neos are messy.  A food dish never helped, so I ended up taking them out.  But someone else may have a different experience.

That's exactly how I am. When I try to help others in other forums, I give my opinion based on experiences I've had and state this is my opinion. Most people take it as that but then there's always someone that jumps on a pedestal because it's not the right way. 

Driftwood: the 2 stumps are mopani I found at petsmart and the branches are manzanita.

I'll definitely share when I get them in the tank.

DET, just watch the video that Brian posted of the carbon rili's. Didn't know you had a channel either. Good looking shrimp and watching your vids soon.