Hopefully not a problem

Archie1208

Have noticed for lack of better word very very small worm like creatures floating in water column and attached to tank wall. When they float it looks almost like pieces of dust....except they convulse from time to time. Those on walls look like really small thin pieces of slowly moving rice. I have tried looking this up but all pictures seem to be close ups of parasites.

Along the same time I fave started to notice small insects floating on the top of my water (also white).

Any ideas? This is only with shrimp tank - not in community fish tank. Hopefully these are not parasites but just larva stage of some other aquatic pest. Could they have come from plants? It's been about a month and a half since most have been put in. These have only been noticed over the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detris worms and nematodes both harmless and beneficial. Idk what the floating bug is maybe some one else dose most likely harmless, it's a part of shrimping. The thing's you don't want are planaria worms and hydra.

For me, if it's not hydra, planaria, or dragonfly larvae, then I pretend I do not see them. Nowadays, I even pretend I don't see hydras too.

[qu ote name=randy" post="23720" timestamp="1413235188]For me, if it's not hydra, planaria, or dragonfly larvae, then I pretend I do not see them. Nowadays, I even pretend I don't see hydras too.

It's so difficult to see hydra. If it wasn't for the fact that I was literally right next to the sponge filter I prolly wouldn't have seen them when they were in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk