New product of interest to sulawesi shrimp keepers

This does look like bigger chunkier eco complete.

If I were to setup a sulawesi tank, I'd go with sand but that's not happening anytime soon.

Looks like this substrate is good for the purist who has buku bucks to fork out on a sulawesi show tank. Would be pretty cool to say the gravel was also from the same location/region the shrimp came from.

I'd go tan color sand with some of those new blue dennerle shrimp.

I doubt they'll go through the hassle and spend that much money. What people sell and what they use is rarely the same, especially for profit driven companies like Taiwan farms. My buddy successfully bred Sulawesi about 5 years ago using nothing but tap and some white sand. He even made a journal that people can google for. You'd be amazed at what people can achieve for very little.

I agree with you when you said it's not "necessary and it's just more expensive, but some people like it". Similar to how you can get from A to B driving any car. Depending on how you want to arrive. Some like to show up in a Porsche or other similarly expensive car. Drive hard and drive fast. [emoji41]

I like my money on my pocket so I drive slow. BHAHA!

I like this hobby because people find success in such a wide range of different conditions. I sold a full bodied Blue Bolt and BKK to a local buyer breeding his shrimps in tap water!! San Jose tap water is super hard and he's successful. Goes to show you don't need the shiny items to expensive products to be successful.

I think I should have said Taiwanese hobbyists. Not all breeders have "farms" and are only profit driven. But yea, I agree. I'm keeping my money in my pocket instead of buying substrate harvested from the original habitat. I wonder if it is causing any negative impact on the natural environment.