New product of interest to sulawesi shrimp keepers

I have had luck just using inert substrate with my sulawesi's.  Any other information on that substrate though?

I heard it's like the crushed lava rock.

what's the price, if it's reasonable, may try it later.

Haha , looks like a big bag of carbon.

Oblong, I messaged the seller on FB, still waiting for a reply.

I'd like to know why this is targeted for Sulawesi, or so it seems to me.

As I mentioned, I don't keep any sulawesi nor have I done any more research that to look at pricing to get a tank going.

And has anybody here seen the new color blue dennerle? I wonder if it's stable or just a darker maroon.

How many people here are keeping Sulawesi here, if the question isn't off topic ;)

Anyhow, I'll share the info when I get it, still no reply

Here's the o th e pics with the post from the FB page...

47cfc50295ee3fcfa8ec902f10141c44.jpg

b9d5c91e50e10a2fd177434349f9df70.jpg

Haha , looks like a big bag of carbon.

Oblong, I messaged the seller on FB, still waiting for a reply.

I'd like to know why this is targeted for Sulawesi, or so it seems to me.

As I mentioned, I don't keep any sulawesi nor have I done any more research that to look at pricing to get a tank going.

And has anybody here seen the new color blue dennerle? I wonder if it's stable or just a darker maroon.

How many people here are keeping Sulawesi here, if the question isn't off topic ;)

Anyhow, I'll share the info when I get it, still no reply

Here's the o th e pics with the post from the FB page...

47cfc50295ee3fcfa8ec902f10141c44.jpg

b9d5c91e50e10a2fd177434349f9df70.jpg

Lol just made a thread about the blue ones. They are a morph of the blue tissue cardinals, basically someone selective bred them to be blue. Which is pretty interesting because there are only a few in my tank that look different from the others. What my plan is to look a them when I first turn the lights on and the ones with the blue bodies I am going to move into thier own tank and try to breed them out from there.

That's kinda weird. In the US Tiger shrimp are usually kept around low 7ph, while Sulawesi are usually closer to 8+ph.

Not to derail but to here's my results from testing the Revive products.

100% RODI @ 0TDS

TDS: 0

GH: 0

KH: 0

Ph: 6.0 (lowest I can read using API)

y6u2u9ur.jpg

100% RODI @ 0TDS Mineralized w/ Revive Bianco Alpha & Beta (suitable for CRS and Taiwan Bee)

TDS: 125-130

GH: 6

KH: 0

Ph: 6.0 (lowest I can read using API)

9u6ajequ.jpg

100% RODI @ 0TDS Mineralized w/ Revive Bianco Alpha, Beta & Gamma (suitable for Sulawesi & Tigers)

TDS: 170-175

GH: 6

KH: 2

Ph: 7.2-7.4 (best reading from API)

enypuru5.jpg

All tests performed with 2 pumps into 16L of RODI water(1 pump = 2ml) of Alpha, Beta and Gamma.

To achieve the ideal Sulawesi parameters, a higher dosage of Gamma would be required.

I'll do a more detail write up on my thread.

Never heard of the revive products, where can I buy them?

You can't. It's not available for mass market consumption, yet. If you're in need of mineralizer folks like Hans, ooblong, and Bostoneric are known to carry and sell their own line of mineralizers.

I'm still testing the Revive Products on my own shrimps.

I'm confused. I would think gravel would be inert. Does this raise the ph?

...I was thinking that, too... [emoji33] Looks like Eco-Complete. I'm planning on doing an Eco-Complete Sulawesi setup this week.

I have heard of Taiwanese breeders using substrate harvested from wherever the Sulawesi shrimps are found. None of them said it's necessary and it's just more expensive, but some people like it. I'd personally just use some inert substrate. In the process of setting up a Sulawesi tank with Eco complete right now.

I have heard of Taiwanese breeders using substrate harvested from wherever the Sulawesi shrimps are found. None of them said it's necessary and it's just more expensive, but some people like it. I'd personally just use some inert substrate. In the process of setting up a Sulawesi tank with Eco complete right now.

I doubt they'll go through the hassle and spend that much money. What people sell and what they use is rarely the same, especially for profit driven companies like Taiwan farms. My buddy successfully bred Sulawesi about 5 years ago using nothing but tap and some white sand. He even made a journal that people can google for. You'd be amazed at what people can achieve for very little.

I agree with you when you said it's not "necessary and it's just more expensive, but some people like it". Similar to how you can get from A to B driving any car. Depending on how you want to arrive. Some like to show up in a Porsche or other similarly expensive car. Drive hard and drive fast. [emoji41]

I like my money on my pocket so I drive slow. BHAHA!

I like this hobby because people find success in such a wide range of different conditions. I sold a full bodied Blue Bolt and BKK to a local buyer breeding his shrimps in tap water!! San Jose tap water is super hard and he's successful. Goes to show you don't need the shiny items to expensive products to be successful.