Why are my neo shrimp not getting as big as they used to?

Shrimpscales

I first noticed it with my blue velvet shrimp. As time went on they were not growing as large as they used to. At first i thought it had something to do with the fact that the tank and colony was just very old but i have been keeping mischling shrimp in this same tank and they grow normally. Now i have noticed the same problem with my carbon rili. These shrimp are in a tank about six months old with my blue tigers.They are breeding like crazy but do not grow as big as they should. I dont really have any of the large females a normal colony should. I increased my feeding amount as well as food variety with no results. What else could it be?

Tank 1

Blue velvet and mischling

PH 6.7

TDS 180

Temp 72

Kh 0

Tank 2

Carbon rili and blue tigers

Ph 7.2

TDS 220

Temp 72

Kh 1

Both tanks are over filtered and heavily planted with no ammonia or nitrates

I first noticed it with my blue velvet shrimp. As time went on they were not growing as large as they used to. At first i thought it had something to do with the fact that the tank and colony was just very old but i have been keeping mischling shrimp in this same tank and they grow normally. Now i have noticed the same problem with my carbon rili. These shrimp are in a tank about six months old with my blue tigers.They are breeding like crazy but do not grow as big as they should. I dont really have any of the large females a normal colony should. I increased my feeding amount as well as food variety with no results. What else could it be?

Tank 1

Blue velvet and mischling

PH 6.7

TDS 180

Temp 72

Kh 0

Tank 2

Carbon rili and blue tigers

Ph 7.2

TDS 220

Temp 72

Kh 1

Both tanks are over filtered and heavily planted with no ammonia or nitrates

Highly possibilities of you are getting more males than female shrimps or they are stressed and not coming out to eat often. For the latter, it is easily diagnosable by looking at how often they come out to the open area when light is turned on.

Since they used to be growing fine, don't suspect about the food does not have enough this or that. End up you will be spending tons of money to buy new food and not getting the result. In worst case, you started to overfeed and pollute the water.

Too late for that! haha I have already spent tons of money on expensive foods with no results. Thats ok though, i like the little fellas and only want the best for them. The shrimp are healthy and active. Food is swarmed within minutes of feeding. I am starting to think i need to introduce some new bloodlines into my colony. Possibly do some culling for size.

From Randy's Pumped Thread.

There are a few things some breeders don't feel comfortable publishing, I have to respect their wish and I hope readers will understand.

One of them is how to increase the size of PRL, as you may find that if you selectively breed the same line of PRL, the size will become smaller and smaller. He gave the solution but wish it not published. I will ask him again today to reconsider this. There are tons other things they don't mind publishing so you may forget about this.

I will try to unleash this one... by accident maybe, in the full interview.

If we get the scoop on this, maybe it will cross over to Neos also.

....wait, what was I talking about....