Blue Diamond cull X Cherry Red

I took a red male cull from Blue Diamond culls I bought from Mayphly and put it with a young cherry red female in a 1 gallon glass pickle that I use for java fern tridens cuttings. I love to see what I get in a few months. I also had cherry shrimps in the 30 gallon tank for a few weeks before removing them. I'm now keeping the BD culls in that tank and I'm sure that there are baby cherries in there too. I'm looking to see what happens in the jar. If all goes well I will be putting all my best cherry reds with the BD culls

yep so if it is all that easy then why do you get browns if you cross them

It's not easy, it tooks years and extensive culling to develop these new variations.

I never said you'd get wild type in F1.  IMO you'll get RCS and with varying degrees of red.  Keep breeding them and eventually you'll get a wild type.  Just like most shrimp, culling is required to maintain quality.  I've never let a tank just keep breeding without culling and I've also never keep a colour variation more than a year or 2. 

It's not easy, it tooks years and extensive culling to develop these new variations.

I never said you'd get wild type in F1. IMO you'll get RCS and with varying degrees of red. Keep breeding them and eventually you'll get a wild type. Just like most shrimp, culling is required to maintain quality. I've never let a tank just keep breeding without culling and I've also never keep a colour variation more than a year or 2.

Ron, why do you only keep them a year or two?

Update

the project has been put on hold. :( I found the male dead for some reason I know he was huge so I'm thinking old age. The female is fine. Right now I don't want to sacrifice another red male. The project will just have to wait till I get more shrimp or till I get babies from the BD culls. I'm leaving the female by herself till I get a male for her . This will give her plenty of time to clean out any sperm from breeding's with other cherry shrimp males

sometimes its not just how knowledgeable or good you are, but also important that you enjoy your very own shrimp keeping process. everyone has different preferences and interest, haha sometimes it matters not too much about whether they cross and revert back to wild forms or whatever. i think everyone has different values to the same thing ;) hope you enjoy your shrimp keeping Vinman, no worries about how it may come out etc yea

I did something like this except with blue rilis. I would get a mix of regular carbons, blue carbons, varying degrees of brown, regular rilis, blue rilis, and BDs. I was hoping for a Bloody Mary but no luck yet. It's a step backwards if you care about solidarity of 1 color. If you enjoy playing around with the wheel of fortune of color the that's fine too. What do you want to do with them in the long run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something like this except with blue rilis. I would get a mix of regular carbons, blue carbons, varying degrees of brown, regular rilis, blue rilis, and BDs. I was hoping for a Bloody Mary but no luck yet. It's a step backwards if you care about solidarity of 1 color. If you enjoy playing around with the wheel of fortune of color the that's fine too. What do you want to do with them in the long run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it I'm going to mix what I got with the cherry I have and start my own lines. Thanx for the feed back