Is Fenbendazole safe to use with breeding and berried shrimp?

I wondered how many of you have used Fenbendazole for the nematode type worms...they might be detritus but according to the link Soothing posted they don't look like the d. worms there.  I am SICK of those things ruining my enjoyment of my Blue Neo tank!!  I would like to get rid of most of them...I know I can't get rid of all..but they are too numerous for my liking.  I don't want to do anything that will affect the shrimp (and I have nerites) negatively.  What do y'all think?  Scooping them out with a net is getting tiresome.

I don't have tons of them but there is always one or two when I look....I am getting MTS for the tank so that might help.  I also have eliminated some of the planted area and am using the driftwood for all the moss and java ferns.  I think they are just left over from having too much crowding of plants so I don't think killing them will change the parameters.  The filter is overkill...ehiem cannister..for small 6g tank but where I have the tank I didn't want to see a big filter.  (also a sponge filter and mini oxydator).

I have used Fenbendazole in two of my tanks one with berried shrimp and shrimplets. It did not seem to have any negative effect on the shrimp. I originally thought I had planaria and kind of freaked out but im pretty sure I have harmless nematodes. The Fenbendazole did not do anything to get rid of the nematodes.  I have decided that if they dont seem to be doing harm I will leave them alone.  The one tank has quite alot of them.

I guess unless we put fish in there then there is nothing to do for it.  I am tempted to drop a couple of Celestial Pearl Danios in there before I get shrimplets.  I know they will eat the worms because I've seen them.  Wonder if that will delay the shrimp breeding?  I had shrimp in with the CPDs at one time and they didn't bother them.

Ive heard some people say they are completely shrimp safe and some say not and others say provided there are hiding place they will fine for shrimplets.  I have also heard good success with Chili Rasboras they are really tiny looking at their mouth I dont even know if a newly hatched shrimplet could fit in it.

Thanks, Shrimpie.  I don't see the point of using it if it would not kill the nematodes.  I have the Chili Rasboras as well as the CPDs so I may lasso a couple and put them in the shrimp tank for a day or so.  Some of the nano fish that they say are shrimp safe are not.  The Dwarf Emerald Rasboras I have are agressive towards shrimp.  I have never seen them actually eat one but they will butt them with their mouths so I am thinking it would just be a matter of time before a shrimp is missing body parts!  I had to put some shrimp in the community tank for a short time because I did not have a spare tank for them when their tank developed problems. 

Well, I have found a way to exterminate nematodes/detritus worms in my Blue Dream tank!!  I put six Celestial Pearl Danios and two Chili Rasboras in there about half an hour ago and they are a "worm posse"!  They are chasing these things down and almost fighting over them.  It looks like the worms are coming out of the cannister filter.  I had noticed a reduced flow a couple of weeks ago and when that problem was fixed (air in the line) the worms started appearing in the tank.  I'm going to leave the fish in the tank for a while.  They show absolutely no interest in shrimp...just waiting by the place where the worms appear.  It's like feeding fish live just hatched brine shrimp.  Hopefully I have not done anything to mess up the balance in this tank by introducing the fish for a few hours.  Just thought you all should know what these little fish can do.  Definitely the CPDs are the ones that will stalk every single worm and eat it.  I am loving this all natural solution to an unsightly problem...worth keeping these fish for that purpose although these little guys are incredibly beautiful and cool in their own right.  They are my favorite fish anyway.

Well, I have found a way to exterminate nematodes/detritus worms in my Blue Dream tank!!  I put six Celestial Pearl Danios and two Chili Rasboras in there about half an hour ago and they are a "worm posse"!  They are chasing these things down and almost fighting over them.  It looks like the worms are coming out of the cannister filter.  I had noticed a reduced flow a couple of weeks ago and when that problem was fixed (air in the line) the worms started appearing in the tank.  I'm going to leave the fish in the tank for a while.  They show absolutely no interest in shrimp...just waiting by the place where the worms appear.  It's like feeding fish live just hatched brine shrimp.  Hopefully I have not done anything to mess up the balance in this tank by introducing the fish for a few hours.  Just thought you all should know what these little fish can do.  Definitely the CPDs are the ones that will stalk every single worm and eat it.  I am loving this all natural solution to an unsightly problem...worth keeping these fish for that purpose although these little guys are incredibly beautiful and cool in their own right.  They are my favorite fish anyway.

The fish probably shows no interest in shrimp because they have a good food supply. When I was underfeeding my guppies and placed a shrimp inside, the guppies immediately attacked the shrimp. Now I'm breeding guppies in the main tank. No need to move fry because the adults might eat them. Safe to say they only attack when hungry. I feed BBS 3 times a day and never seen an adult eat the fry ever since. Just placed a few malawa shrimp in the tank and guppies show no interest as well.

Ha! Well they definitely had plenty of wiggle worms to eat!!  Did a great job but I am thinking I will breakdown the canister filter on that tank and get them out as much as I can.  Then do the "water reset" Soothing does.  I have the ADA tank, glass pipes and light because this tank is viewed from all sides and I wanted to have a hidden filter.  I don't like canisters I am finding out just because the HOB and sponge filters are so much easier for me to deal with.  It's a pretty tank though...without the worms!  What did you say you fed your guppies?  BBS?