Attaching Plants to Lava Rock

RyeGuy411

I want to expand my moss collection and I see many people attach their mosses to rocks.  I have seen many great pictures of mosses covering rocks and making nice mounding forms. The best part is they can be rearranged unlike moss on a large piece of driftwood.  I heard lava rock holds roots and mosses well since it is porous.  Would lava rock intended for the barbecue be ok to use as a base?  They are cheap and small and easy to find at any Home Depot or Lowes.  

Ryan

I use the ones from Home Depot. I just boiled them first. There are no chemicals added to them. (At least the ones I purchased) I use them in all my tanks.

Well after christmas I think I will have to get ahold of Han for some fissidens.  My problem now is that I need to downsize to upsize this is soo frustrating.  Now that I found blue shrimp in my 2gal I dont want to get rid of it but I want to start setting up the 10.1.  I have no more room for plants in the tanks I have, also wanted to try some buces they look wicked cool too.  Do they get planted in soil or attached to objects?

Ya buce attach to stuff. Treat them as if they wee Anubias.

Tie to rocks is best. I found they like harder material like rocks then wood.