looking for "mini" amazon sword?

FireRedShrimp

I have a 20L tank set up with Fire Red shrimp and I'm searching for some nice plants to replace a couple of the ones that are currently growing in it. When setting it up I took some baby plants from my community tank, so I knww the amazon swords and wisteria will eventually outgrow their space. I'm looking for something that has the appearance of a "mini" amazon sword, is there something like that? Would like it to be leafy, and only grow about 8" ish max. :) Also looking for something to possibly replace the wistera. Something "fluffy" or bushy. Both should prefer low-mod light please. I currently have a double 18w over the tank. The plants that will stay in the tank are blyxa japacona, dwarf baby tears, java moss, peacock moss, marimo moss ball, and possibly the wisteria if I can keep it trimmed down and happy at the same time. I have a nice piece of driftwood and will be adding back some cholla wood for hardscape.Thank you!

A mini amazon sword would be this:

Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact Sword)

its does require med light though

Hardiness: Easy
Light Needs: Medium
Plant Structure: Rosette
Family: Alismataceae
Genus: Echinodorus
Region: Cultivar
Size: 5-15cm (2-6in)
Growth Rate: Medium
Can Be Grown Emersed: Yes

Hey Han, that parva I got from you was it a crypt or sword? It's still sitting in a zip bag I could send it to fire red if he wants it. It's only one though and the leaves will probably be melted away by the time he gets it or they'll melt in the tank as an adjustment period.

Thank you everyone! I do have some parva in our community tank, and I like the look of it, and that its slow growing...but I'm looking for something that will get a bit taller. I really appreciate the offer on the parva though! :) Something that can be a mid to background for my tank (12") tall. Thank you Han, I'll look that one up!

what about this h4n? Micranthemum micranthemoides I think my shrimp would love to hide in this, and I like that you can shape it somewhat. I'm going to look over your plant list later, I'm mot sure if you have this available?

That's also called baby tear.

Micrantheum is its old name

Currently called

Hemianthus Glomeratus

I love this plant and your correct it easily able to scape a nice bush or such with it.

• 1 month later...

Crypts are a good choice - you can usually find a species that looks the way you want, and they're fairly undemanding plants. I have P. helferi in a low light, minimal fertilization setup.