shrimp with red spot on tail?

serenityfate

Just bought some new yellow neons shrimp and noticed one with a tiny red spot on its tails edge. Can this be a start of a bacterial infection or a "ulcer" or just genetics? This is a female adult yellow neon if it makes a difference. Ill try to get a pic of it tonight.

Thanks for any input!

Its the one in the middle sorry that its not a really good pic but the red in person can resemble a low cherry grade shrimp.

post-1502-0-88803100-1427075448_thumb.jp

post-1502-0-85008400-1427075821_thumb.jp

bacterial infections usually just look like cloudy tissue under the shell the two other major afflictions that I have read about is a green growth on the swimmerets and a white growth on the head around the antenna so I would think it was genetic maybe someone more experienced can chime in

Just a coloring. Never seen this before with any shrimps. I had red rilli changed to blue rillis before. But i have never heard or saw someone post a yellow neon with a red dot on its tail. I just isolated it from the rest. Dont want to risk putting it in with my tb crs tank

Lol love that pic, looks like a "freak" accident shrimp. I wish mine would turn out to be that but frankly the one i purchased is already a mature age, i would not be able to know if its normal since i didnt have it as a juvie to tell if the spot was there in the first place.

But mines just a irregular tiny dot. Similar to how small ich spots on fish.

Anyone know how does infections or bacteria are passed down in shrimps? Is it only through others shrimps eating the corpse of the infected shrimp? Or can it be passed by other shrimps just touching the infected??

Thanks

It was acclimated for a long time. I dont test my parameters. But all the other neons are doing good and even molted already. Blue bolts healthy and tons of crs are berried. Im pretty sure the params are fine

heh  I know what you are saying.  I used to do the same thing. :)

The challenge is that although things may not be deadly yet, your shrimp maybe tolerating more dangerous levels of things.  With as much money is invested in your shrimp (Ie. Blue Bolts and more to come), and testing stuff being so inexpensive, it may be a wise investment for yourself.  It's also one of the only ways to start detective work when things occasionally go wrong. ;)