feeding dish

Aiko

I still have to get me one of those baskets but I actually like my food dishes. I have one 'cute' one shaped like a leaf. I am also thinking about the ones with tubes because I just tried to feed with Hans baby food and it floated all over the place, lol. I've never used powdered foods before.

Yes my shrimp do like to grab a piece and take off with it, but they all know where to go for food and very little ends up in the substrate

I just use the tiny terra cotta pot saucers. The smallest ones that have. Michaels and Walmart has them. Really cheap like 20 cents and works great.

Yep I use the terracotta bottom plates...get them in the Dollar store in the plant section.   I recently ordered some blue

bolts from a breeder here and was gracefully given a glass feeding dish as a gift....cool.  Will be setting up a new tank

for my next project.

Fancy red tigers and Black spotted headed tigers to ????? 

I still have to get me one of those baskets but I actually like my food dishes. I have one 'cute' one shaped like a leaf. I am also thinking about the ones with tubes because I just tried to feed with Hans baby food and it floated all over the place, lol. I've never used powdered foods before.

Yes my shrimp do like to grab a piece and take off with it, but they all know where to go for food and very little ends up in the substrate

scoop a cup of tank water then add the baby foods/powered anything and mix then pour back into tank :)

I got the one on ebay with the tube that goes down to a dish.  The food goes  right down the tube and into the dish and except for "Snowflake"  stays in the dish.  I love the thing.  it is clear and attractive looking.  Looks like glass though its not.

It's all personal taste, like a lot of things. Jaden, I want to get one of those feeding tubes and try them out too. :)

The terra cotta saucers work great for what I wanted. I got a cute acrylic leaf shaped one just because I wanted to, the shrimp don't care, but I like it. lol I got them pretty cheap on ebay.

idk why people want a expensive feeding dish...me i just cut from a water bottle act as a feeding dish...

Because some people like to have nice tanks and a cut up water bottles looks ghetto.  I don't know why people are hung up spending $5 to $15 on a feeding dish.  My shrimp are pretty good about leaving the food in the dish, Benibachi Red Bee Ambitious and Kale fall apart quite quickly and most of it stays in the dish.  My snails crawl in after to clean up any leftovers.

In my display tanks I use Ebi-Ten feeding dishes, pricier than average but it costs less than any one shrimp in the tank.

In my display tanks I use Ebi-Ten feeding dishes, pricier than average but it costs less than any one shrimp in the tank.

Ooh! I've never seen Ebi-Ten feeding dishes before. May I request a photo? [emoji16]

Ooh! I've never seen Ebi-Ten feeding dishes before. May I request a photo? [emoji16]

Of course :D.

Here is a pic of my 60-H (45) with 2 feeding dishes on the left, one for food and the other for the mineral stone.

SS%20PRL%20Tank_zpslnq5dgc9.jpg

Here is a pic of the Ebi-Ten dish on the right and an Ikea on the left that I used to use for barley.

Dishes.jpg

so strange. I tried to look it up on my ebay account and its not there as a purchase. I could have sworn it was from ebay.   I saw it on a post here on the forums though.  Maybe someone will remember it.  

Found the original post!!! should have known it was Mayphlys.  He finds the coolest stuff.  And it *is* from ebay.   I wonder why it is gone from my "Items you have bought" list.  

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/2300-shrimp-tube-feeder-highly-recommended/?hl=%2Bfeeding+%2Bdish

Of course :D.

Here is a pic of my 60-H (45) with 2 feeding dishes on the left, one for food and the other for the mineral stone.

SS%20PRL%20Tank_zpslnq5dgc9.jpg

Here is a pic of the Ebi-Ten dish on the right and an Ikea on the left that I used to use for barley.

Dishes.jpg

Amazing. Looks like a nice thick, solid, piece. Reminds me of the Corning Brand Petri dish. I have. A preference for the wider mouth so more shrimps can eat together.

Thanks for sharing. [emoji4]

Because some people like to have nice tanks and a cut up water bottles looks ghetto.  I don't know why people are hung up spending $5 to $15 on a feeding dish.  My shrimp are pretty good about leaving the food in the dish, Benibachi Red Bee Ambitious and Kale fall apart quite quickly and most of it stays in the dish.  My snails crawl in after to clean up any leftovers.

True True =P