How long until my cherries eggs hatch?

I have a cherry shrimp in my breeding box shes pretty big with quite a few eggs in her! You can see all the little eggs and the eyes of the shrimplets! From this point how long will it be until they hatch?:)

post-1775-0-60516600-1427411859_thumb.jp

Shes in their because she is about to give birth? I want as many live babies as possible if i let her in the tank like i did last time none will survive

Shes in their because she is about to give birth? I want as many live babies as possible if i let her in the tank like i did last time none will survive

If none survived in your tank last time, what makes you think using a breeder box would make any difference?

Your tank is lacking something or off in parameters.

I check them every week, and went to a fish place where they breed shrimps and Idid what they told me to do! Im still kinda new to breeding shrimp lol

Until I can atleast get my breeding tank set up this is what I have to do or none will survive they will get sucked threw my filter or be eaten by my fish lol

Sorry to tell you this but a breeding box is useless if you can't cover the outflow. You need stainless steel mesh or something for outflow. newborn can easily escape breeder box and into main tank.

You can buy Stainless steel filter guards from H4n on this forum to attach to your filter.

They cannot get out of this one It is a shrimp breeding box and it came with an attachment for the outflow so none can get out! And they fall into the bottom where they latch onto the moss

Shoot eh! Thanks for the input! Im going to check that out and yes it is but my buddy uses the same one and he said he had no issues with it

What do you mean by "rectangle fluval filter"? Most filters can be modified to be shrimp safe, if they have an intake tube. The only ones I can think of that can't be modded easily are internal filters that have a wide intake grill at the bottom.

I have also had friends use the breeder box who have reported that full grown adult shrimp have climbed out and into the main tank. I think Han may have an outflow mesh cover for it, perhaps check with him?

If you want to breed shrimp, it's best to try it in a tank without fish. Almost every fish will eat baby shrimp and even adult shrimp if given the opportunity. It does not need to be a fancy tank. Shrimp do very well with sponge filters, which are inexpensive and can be run on equally inexpensive air pumps.

I also recommend doing more comprehensive water testing if you are just starting out with shrimp. There are a lot of things that you can get away with in the fish world that are not favorable to shrimp.

If you read up on the comments you will see that i do have another tank but I cant set it up yet! Once I can then I wont have to worry about breeding boxes and its impossible for my adult shrimp to get out of this one with the lid on lol i will take some pictures to show you what I mean

post-1775-0-90531100-1427584560_thumb.jp

post-1775-0-40623100-1427584571_thumb.jp

Just sharing my thoughts.  I'm totally new to shrimp, so take it for what its worth.  This is what I've learned by reading other posts and talking to others.

I have a tank with fish and several types of shrimp.  I started with fish (2 guppies, 3 red fin tetras and an oto) and have since gotten into shrimp.  I redesigned the bottom of my tank and have tons of moss, plants, cholla wood logs and other things for my shrimp babies to hide in.  I have my first berried shrimp (3 of them) right now.  Other than your filter problem, if you decorate the tank with plenty of places to hide, some of the baby shrimp should survive.  Yes, some will end up as fish food, but with lots of hiding places and areas where the fish can't get to, some baby shrimp should survive. 

The only problem I have now is having trouble finding them.  There are so many hiding places and shrimp are good at hiding.  My three Moms-to-be are great at hiding.  I keep thinking I've lost them or they've dropped the eggs, but several hours later I look again and I'll find them.

Good luck with your Mama and babies. :)

My shrimp just gave birth 2 hours ago and they all went into the bottom of the breeding tank hiding in the moss and subtrate i put in thre! And I just recently put lots of driftwood and a couple moss balls in my tank a few weeks ago:) So far i have counted 17!!!! Baby cherries all live and well:) I put the mother back in the tank and she is happy with all her family! Im buying a new filter this week and will be putting the babies in with the others! Thanks for all your advice