need some help with some stuff

aquariumlover10

So I live in south Florida, anyone who has or does live here knows, mold is everywhere from the humidity, and my parents got a ozone generator and it cleans the air but we just can't be here while and for awhile after its going, so would that hurt my tank? My uncle has a 30g and he does the thing once a month and he said nothing happens, will get a pic of box.

Bear in mind that you probably have a sponge driven by an air pump. Which is drawing in air. Which now has ozone in it.

Off the top of my head, not sure what happens when you pump ozone into water...it is used to treat (i.e. disinfect) drinking water, tho.

Yeah, I really don't know, I guess I could put a towel around it so it should filter it.

A simple towel won't filter o3 you would need a filter media that is designed for filtering O3. If it's only a couple of hrs I would just cover the tank with a trash bag. I have done this in my office over night when they paint.

have a gneiss day

Ok take to a lab I work with. If you can pull the air though a carbon filter designed for air filtration this should reduce the O3 concentration. If you live in an are that has a environmental supply company such as pine or u.s. environmental you may be able to buy one from them. We use them for equipment calibration of fresh air. The ones that have will absorb nearly all voc's.

have a gneiss day