Looking for a snowball swamp - do you keep snowballs?

Crazyfishlady

** Ha ha, not sure how to edit the topic headline - obviously meant snowball SWAP not swamp - sorry**

My snowball colony is coming along nicely - breeding like rabbits. I'm looking for someone in the cont. USA that also keeps snowballs and would be interesting is trading to get new bloodlines in our tanks.

I know they can interbreed for quite sometime, but would just like to freshen up the gene pool if possible and thought a swap might be a good idea.

My snowballs are very hardy and healthy and the tank is:

-Tap water with prime

- ph 7.6

- KH and GH 7

- TDS 130

- temp 72

Seems hard to find folks that have them so if this doesn't pan out I might have to go hunting to buy some.

I also have Snowball shrimp and am in Washington state as well.  :-)

I probably have 50-60 in my colony right now, not sure how many you were interested in swapping, but we can chat offline more if you'd like.

Chad

how about spreading your bloodline lol and ship them out to us who dont have SnowballsS

I am working through my shipping phobia and hope to be able to start to do that next month. lol  I don't know what it is, but shipping scares the mess outta me

crazyfishlady,

Hey, I actually have snowball shrimp..... In the swamp!

I'm in Louisiana, and have also not shipped yet, but would be willing to give it a go if you don't have a more convenient option.

lol - :) then my typo wasn't a typo in your case

Thank you for the great offer but luckily I found someone VERY close to me location wise to do my first s-w-a-p but now you should be *swamped* with folks asking for your snowballs :)  We could still talk about swapping for bloodlines but I will need a few months to be ready for another new line.

OMG - got the new snowballs and they are busy checking out their new home. They are so cute :)  It's so odd only seeing a few in a tank where I can actually enjoy watching them, ha ha.

ChadO was great, patient and shipping went wonderful... well on his side... now it's my turn to roll up my sleeves and give this shipping thing a try. He even sent me a breather bag so I can just use his packing to send it back... :)

So... yea... they don't like to sit still.. too much to explore but here are a few pics

post-507-0-13147700-1429668231_thumb.jpg post-507-0-94787100-1429668231_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-34269500-1429668232_thumb.jpg post-507-0-70736100-1429668232_thumb.jpg

Crazyfishlady has hereby lost her "I've never shipped before" card and should have no reservations about shipping in the future.  My package came yesterday and was packed perfectly with a good amount of water, plenty of moss, and a bunch of lively snowball shrimp.  If she hadn't told you that she had never shipped before, you'd never know by the way everything was sent.  Perfect job!  

Crazyfishlady has hereby lost her "I've never shipped before" card and should have no reservations about shipping in the future.  My package came yesterday and was packed perfectly with a good amount of water, plenty of moss, and a bunch of lively snowball shrimp.  If she hadn't told you that she had never shipped before, you'd never know by the way everything was sent.  Perfect job!  

Aww thanks! :D I got a LOT of help from both Chad and Soothing in PMs though. The 2 walked me through every step, even the post office part, they both spent a lot of time getting me over the fear. Chad also sent me his snowballs first so I could really get a good look at how they came in.:)

@ thegarden - I will soon, not sure if Chad has enough to sell. I have put his 12 in a new tank with some of my stock so that tank if 'off the market' for a few months while the bloodlines mix. I've done a few local sales and have 2 more so I need to get my numbers back up.

:) but yes... now I can say "I shipped my shrimp!" ha ha