What do you call..

My understanding is Michlings are crystal shrimp with tiwan bee gene .  Which is great, but in my mischling tank, I have all kinds of patterns.  I have some white with light blue heads, but to light to be considered blue bolt, and some goldish with glue heads, and hte skeletons  and one that is clear with red,   ect.     

What do you call a mischling what doesn't have crystal patterns, but isnt a TB.   Are they still mischlings?   And  what exactly makes them a TB?     Just finding a really strong clear pattern  that is  repeatable?  

I have golden bees that throw out blue color in them. If I kept breeding those together eventually I believe I'd get blue bolts. I still think bolts are different than TB's. But, they still get thrown. Into the same category. Tb's have opaque coloration that the others just don't have. Your others would still be mischlings. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took several generations to get the mischlings you speak of. When i started out they all looked like crs but after a year or two of selection i was getting more and more of the sss, golden and whites and only a few of the classic banded shrimp. They are still considered mischling but i believe they have much more Taiwan bee in them than the average mischling. I am far from a genetics expert but say this because of the many generations these shrimp were crossed with Taiwan bees.When you get some experience with Taiwan bees you will be able to pick them out at a very young age. The colors are much better than all but the best prl and pbl. The reds will have a deeper wine coloring and the black is blue based rather than brown based like cbs. You will also notice the white is more dense than a normal crs

It took several generations to get the mischlings you speak of. When i started out they all looked like crs but after a year or two of selection i was getting more and more of the sss, golden and whites and only a few of the classic banded shrimp. They are still considered mischling but i believe they have much more Taiwan bee in them than the average mischling. I am far from a genetics expert but say this because of the many generations these shrimp were crossed with Taiwan bees.When you get some experience with Taiwan bees you will be able to pick them out at a very young age. The colors are much better than all but the best prl and pbl. The reds will have a deeper wine coloring and the black is blue based rather than brown based like cbs. You will also notice the white is more dense than a normal crs

i totally agree. I get a lot of mischling which come out Mosura from the mischling I cross with TB. Some look nice than some CRS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys.  Andy, it totally makes sense.   I just wanted to make sure I was calling them the right thing.    ShrimpScales,  One of your white with light blue heads is berried now.    I have 4 of your girls now berried in my tank.  plus the one that just had her babies.    I am a happy girl.