So annoying, small rant. very small. :)

So in december I ordered Finnex lights.   Today, less than 5 months later they are dead.    Stuff happens,  so the rant is not about the quality of the product.   My rant is that companies have no phone number these days!!!!!

I wanted to call them to report this and ask if there is anything they can do  but there is no phone number.  You have to email them and then wait for them to contact you.   This being friday I probably wont hear back till next week.  :(

I am not good at waiting!!!

rant off. 

So in december I ordered Finnex lights.   Today, less than 5 months later they are dead.    Stuff happens,  so the rant is not about the quality of the product.   My rant is that companies have no phone number these days!!!!!

I wanted to call them to report this and ask if there is anything they can do  but there is no phone number.  You have to email them and then wait for them to contact you.   This being friday I probably wont hear back till next week.   :(

I am not good at waiting!!!

rant off. 

Warranty plays a big role.

In my view, warranty means how long a product is expected to last under average usage.

I'm not sure where people came up with "Finnex is great" but their warranty tells otherwise.

I admit, I did not pay attention to their warranty  (bad me)   but it MUST be more than 5 months...   I guess we shall see how their customer service is because for me, it is all about that.  

I admit, I did not pay attention to their warranty  (bad me)   but it MUST be more than 5 months...   I guess we shall see how their customer service is because for me, it is all about that.  

Good luck!

Let us know how it went. If they made an exception for you, they should make it for everyone :P

Their response so far.  

We are sorry to hear about your problem with our light. Our lights carry a 6 months limited warranty against manufacture defects, but please be aware that if it's not a manufacturers defect or it's caused by water damage or misuse, you will be responsible for the parts needed for the repair and all actual shipping charges. 
Can you please forward me a detail copy of your receipt, so I can get your warranty claim started? 

Wow, I've been running my Fugeray daily for more than a year - I even kept it when I downsized tanks. It sticks out a few inches, so I've been working on hooking up a breeder box to grow out clippings or moss.

The only time I can make a phone call is after 8 pm. I don't get a lunch break. I don't want a telephone number :P

It's really expensive to maintain an in house call centre these days. The was a time that companies tried out sourcing their call centers to India but well, everyone knows how that went. Nowadays email is the most cost effective solution, jus depends how responsive the company is. Good luck with your warranty claim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,  Since I posted the rant I feel its only fair to post the results.    I sent my finnex out  to be repaired ( you send at your own expense)   It came back today  and is repaired.  They did not charge me so that is a good thing.  :)

I am happy with the results.   While their tone was not as customer oriented as Current, they did fix the lights at no charge .  

I really believe in giving credit to companies where it is due so there it is.  :)