Post for people to review their Shrimp Nature products

Dukendabears

I really like the Turkish Hazel. I think my shrimp like it even more. There are so many nooks and crannys for the shrimp to poke around in. They also make great hiding places for babies while providing food for them at the same time. My ramshorn snails also seem to like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm one of those that got samples. I got Red and Baby Bio.

The Red I feed occasionally in my rotation of "complete" pellet foods, and the shrimp like it. So do the snails and the Otos. The shrimp don't swarm the pellet like a few others, but it certainly doesn't get left long and is always completely eaten. I wasn't convinced it would make much difference to my Supreme Red Neos color, especially since I still alternate with many other things like veggies/greens, algae tabs for the Otos, and a couple other pellet foods. I also don't have a "control" or anything. However, my shrimp are looking REALLY red right now, maybe the best I've ever seen some of them look. May be a coincidence (hopefully I'm doing other things right, too!) but they like it, everyone's healthy, and they're looking great, so I'm hardly disappointed! :)

The Baby Bio I've only tried twice. I wet the end of a bamboo skewer and dipped about 1cm in the powder, then dunked it in front of the flow from the filter. It spread easily throughout the tank. (10gal, densely planted, light to moderate shrimp pop right now) A little goes a LONG WAY, especially when you don't have a lot of shrimp in one tank. I don't have a ton of babies, but they're doing fine and grazing all over. I do worry that I used too much at first, because shortly after starting it I got a weird white scum in my floaters. I scooped nearly the entire top layer of water and floaters off to get rid of it, though don't know if it was harmful. Again, may be coincidence because that was also during our first hot spell of the year, and temps in the tank were approaching 75* before I caught it and started my fan up. No attributed shrimp deaths, but startled me for sure. Anyway, I plan to try the Baby Bio again when my next round of berried girls drop soon, and use a lot less. If it had anything to do with the scum, I'm guessing it's nutrient rich and with readily available nutrition, promoting biofilm!

Sorry I was waiting for the food to run out I got orange and green. Both seemed to produce the same results I'm afraid I did not have enough same to try and see if it would help my blue rillis solve their molting problems when they are berried. However the food was easy to break up for smaller feeding, each food gathered a nice swarm from all of my neo tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Spinach and Hokkaido.

Spinach is spinach not sure what else to say except that it holds together for a very long time. This is one reason I like SL Aqua foods. If it is not finished the snails swarm it and it's easy to remove with snails being culled at the same time. This avoids over feeding.

Hokkaido reminds me of squash. It's high in carotenoids and is not recommended for frequent TB feelings. I suppose it would be a good frequent food to enhance red, yellow, or orange pigments. What I like about this food is the opposite of Spinach. It falls apart really quickly almost instantly. This makes it good for all size shrimp.

19eb4a3c77e34c6bc79486d300365ef1.jpgd72e056edae65a6dd6ad2d5127346fbe.jpg

This pic shows how it looks upon entry to tank.

56c161029380e806d2043d7e3b816676.jpg6b7595d306fe51e74f8ac9e0a612d51a.jpgd523f1e402621755ab14f3d74c23448d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I got a really nice sample package of the Shrimp Nature foods from Erik a while back and have had a chance to try all of them. Very high quality foods. My shrimp enjoyed the variety. I recommend getting a complete sample pack and go from there.