Need Opinions/Suggestions

Marali

Hello everyone!

I will soon be starting up a tank specifically for Crystal Reds and wanted to get some suggestions as to plants that would be best. As well as maybe some product suggestions as far as food, substrate powder, etc...

The tank is a 7.9 gallon Fluval Ebi that will contain a nice piece of spiderwood as well as a few small lava rocks. The substrate I have chosen is Fluval Shrimp Stratum.

Comments, suggestions, advice will all be appreciated.

some good plants for shrimp tanks are:

Floater

Mosses

Anubias

Ferns

Buces

Crypts.

and there some stem plants

Shrimp food :

There is a very wide range of foods.

Substrate powder:

look into MK breed Silver Z

some good plants for shrimp tanks are:

Floater

mosses

anubias

ferns

buces

and there some stem plants

Shrimp food :

There is a very wide range of foods.

Substrate powder:

look into MK breed Silver Z

Han is spot on about plants and foods... 

as for substrate powders, there are many different ways to get a tank cycled..

I've been seeing lots of people having success with the SL-Aqua method lately which is great to see.

http://www.discobee.com/blogs/news/18442297-cycling-a-shrimp-tank-the-easy-sl-aqua-way

Well Han may be too modest to say it... but I think his line of shrimp foods are really amazing. So far, I have used the nettle, snowflake, baby food, and special blend. All of them are taken eagerly by my very very picky shrimp.

As for plants, mine love to hang out in and nibble the biofilm on Java moss.

For plants, I love Fissedens moss, mini pellia moss, Java moss, anubias.

Food...SL Aqua all the way. The SL Aqua magic powder is the best IMHO, and SL Aqua MORE line of foods is great. My shrimp all go nuts for all of the SL Aqua foods.

SL Aqua also makes a great liquid remineralizer, Blue Wizard that is way easier to use than salts and gives consistent results every single time. I also use their trace mineral supplement called TM-1 and their biological supplement called Purify. Since changing over to all SL Aqua products, I now have 5 berried females in my blue velvet colony and two females that have recently given birth in the past two weeks and now have babies everywhere. Survival rate of the babies has been much better than in the past. I personally believe it is due to the Purify. My shrimp are definitely SL Aqua shrimp all the way. I believe the quality of SL Aqua products is right up there with MK Breed, and it's not over priced.

I believe Bostoneric of www.discobee.com carries the full line of SL Aqua products. He gives great customer service and shipping is cheap. I highly recommend checking the website out and checking out SL Aqua.

Best of luck with your new tank!

You gotta have moss. It collects and grows all kinds of good stuff, plus they feel safe and protected in it.   They shrimp just love it.  After that all the other plants are pretty and go with what you like, but the moss is a must.   

PS. I tie my moss to cholla wood.  They love that too.  all the little holes and tunnel to hide and explore