Shrimp losing flesh color.

Lyana

So my blue dream rilis are breeding like rabbits now after switching to ro water. But when if first got them they had blue color in the flesh and now they're all clear. I have only two females with the blue flesh color. They lost their color about a week after I bought them and even though the ph and everything is without normal range they're still not blue.

Their shells look nice and still have color and they act normal is every way. Are they missing something? Really stumped but this.

just curious to know what your PH was before you switched to RO? What is your PH now? Are you using a buffering substrate? I'm thinking the acidity in your RO water may have something to do with it.

My ph was 8.4 before I switched over to ro water. But the tank stayed at 8 even with ro water so I had to add peat which brought it down to 7.5, but they still didn't have good color so I moved them to my other 10 gallon with a ph of 6.5 that's buffered with controsoil after testing with one shrimp and his colors improved.

They've been in that tank for 2 days and the have more shell color, the really dark blue/black coloring, but still only 2 females with any blue flesh.

The seller says he has them in ph of 6.8-7.4

I've noticed that sometimes it can take shrimp up to a couple weeks until they've fully acclimated to their new enviornment.