Vacation help!

I was wondering how I was going to feed my shrimp when I go on vacation for a month. I thought of feeding them snowflake but would it be ok if my cousin drops a pellet in the tank once every week? I just wanted to know what you would do in this situation. I approximately have about 30 to 40 baby and adult Taiwan bees. My tank size is 40 gallons.

I'm less worried about feeding. as lights on, shrimp can feed on biofilm.

but how to keep water level is more challenge.

Agree. Shrimps can do fine without provided extra food. To minimize evaporation you should have your tanks covered and maybe turn off heater, if your shrimps can deal with it.

I prepare water when I am away for a friend to top it off. The friend also fed my shrimps every 5 days or so a little bit. Precise instructions are important.

I'm always scared when others feed my tanks. Lost 2 tanks like this and buddy lost his entire rack when he had a friend feeding for him.

I would focus on water evaporation and lighting like others mention. For sure you want to add a full covered glass top & maybe cut light cycle down.

If I would have a friend do anything it be add a small cup of RO water once per week to keep the tank from been bone dry by the time you get home.

The way that I have made vacation work in the past was to buy some plastic 1" x 2" bags (50 pk), pre-fill them with the amount of pellet food that I normally fed each individual tank, then wrote the day to use each bag, on the bag, and taped the bags to the tank with scotch tape.  So, my helper (wife) just had to go to each tank, open a plastic bag for that tank on the proper day, and dump the pellets in.  I also had a 30 gallon Brute can filled with RO water so she could simply top off the tanks as needed.  This all ended up working out really well for me - 14 tanks total.  My wife really appreciated it since she didn't have to over-think anything and could just simply follow the simple steps.

The way that I have made vacation work in the past was to buy some plastic 1" x 2" bags (50 pk), pre-fill them with the amount of pellet food that I normally fed each individual tank, then wrote the day to use each bag, on the bag, and taped the bags to the tank with scotch tape. So, my helper (wife) just had to go to each tank, open a plastic bag for that tank on the proper day, and dump the pellets in. I also had a 30 gallon Brute can filled with RO water so she could simply top off the tanks as needed. This all ended up working out really well for me - 14 tanks total. My wife really appreciated it since she didn't have to over-think anything and could just simply follow the simple steps.

Pill container with the seven days of the week works well. Pop open the day and dump it in. I use this for my fish when I go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry to hijack your thread, but i have a question but dont want to create a similar thread for it. 

will my shrimps be fine in a 3 gallon tank for 10 days when i am on vacation without feeding them? it's has an auto topoff system and ~50 to ~70 baby mischling and baby tb.

sorry to hijack your thread, but i have a question but dont want to create a similar thread for it. 

will my shrimps be fine in a 3 gallon tank for 10 days when i am on vacation without feeding them? it's has an auto topoff system and ~50 to ~70 baby mischling and baby tb.

I would dose some bacter before you go and make sure you have plenty of leaves for them to graze on while you are gone and im sure they wont starve to death in 10 days.