Those with eheim canisters

Hey guys, I have a eheim canister and it seems to be getting air in it somehow. I know the o rings have a grease on them. Any chance someone can tell me what they're using for grease? And where I can get it? It's annoying listening to gurgle sounds and sometimes it just needs to be primed again.

I had the same problem when I first got mine. I took the large oring off under the canister top and rubbed silicone grease all over it and put it back. Hasn't sucked air since. You can find oring silicone in just about any hardware store or Home Depot.

I setup (2) Eheim 2213 Canister filters on my 17.1g aquarium setups recently. I use the spray bar on all 6 of my Eheim 2213 filters, for some reason one of the newer canister filters has barely any output coming from the spray bar. Has this happened to anyone, any recommendations to increase the flow once more?

Thank you!

I setup (2) Eheim 2213 Canister filters on my 17.1g aquarium setups recently. I use the spray bar on all 6 of my Eheim 2213 filters, for some reason one of the newer canister filters has barely any output coming from the spray bar. Has this happened to anyone, any recommendations to increase the flow once more?

Thank you!

I'd check media basket first and just rinse media out.  Then I would check all hoses for any build up and valves to make sure they function properly.  Lastly I would check the impeller and make sure a blade hasn't been broken off.

I'd check media basket first and just rinse media out.  Then I would check all hoses for any build up and valves to make sure they function properly.  Lastly I would check the impeller and make sure a blade hasn't been broken off.

Thanks Ron, only been setup for 4 weeks. Hopefully its minor.

I had the same issue DETAqurium, I removed the filter using the quick disconnect and cleaned out the media. Flow did increase, but was not optimum. I was lazy and didn't clean my hoses though so you may consider doing that as well. Mine was recently setup as well, I ended up adding a sponge filter just in case.

I had the same issue DETAqurium, I removed the filter using the quick disconnect and cleaned out the media. Flow did increase, but was not optimum. I was lazy and didn't clean my hoses though so you may consider doing that as well. Mine was recently setup as well, I ended up adding a sponge filter just in case.

So your flow never did increase to full potential even after removing and cleaning media? Did you check propeller? 

• 1 year later...